Home

No Online Franchise in MLB The Show 19

This is a discussion on No Online Franchise in MLB The Show 19 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2019, 05:53 PM   #25
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No Online Franchise in MLB The Show 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
The best thing for The Show, in terms of game quality and content, would be MVP Baseball or MLB 2k being revived. Just for the sake of competition enhancing their own game.

I know there’s RBI Baseball but it’s not a major title.
no MVP would just bring in MUT that ultimate team rubbish that started this decline in sports game that they try and feed us into our face. this whole 'deluxe edition' I couldn't care less if your gonna give me 34904950 stubs I will not pay more for that crap. I hate in franchise when all those cards come up I can't hit x enough times I must have over a million stubs I never used over the years, that is how much I couldn't care less about that mode.

Maybe I am getting to old but I like to play a sports game for the sport.

what's gonna be next DD mode only play your own franchise and earn stubs to edit players?? or earn stubs to unlock equipment in franchise?? or you can pay REAL money and just unlock it now!

the video game market crash is coming... the sporting one maybe well here soon. There will be a time when the DD lovers will grow up and get fed up of the mode and bored. then the sales will go down because it's the only mode focused on and then we have the massive crash.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2019, 06:01 PM   #26
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
They will be replaced with other items. Guaranteed.
World Series Rings or Division Pennants.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:03 PM   #27
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Going down the same path as EA sports all they care about is DD and their microtransactions. Didn't buy it last year, now I won't even think about it. Hope they realize they're alienating a good chunk of the fanbase.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:06 PM   #28
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

But you know the card trading "ultimate" team type modes like Diamond Dynasty will never see a year or two taken off to focus one XYZ.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:07 PM   #29
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Going down the same path as EA sports all they care about is DD and their microtransactions. Didn't buy it last year, now I won't even think about it. Hope they realize they're alienating a good chunk of the fanbase.
I really would like to see the percentage of what mode is being played. I do believe that On line Franchise was the minority.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:11 PM   #30
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame59
I really would like to see the percentage of what mode is being played. I do believe that On line Franchise was the minority.
You know why it was the minority? Because the mode they tried to release was broken and terrible. If they actually made a mode that worked I'm guessing the numbers would look a bit different. Only the hardcore fans would take the time to work around a broken mode. I don't entirely blame the devs, it's the higher ups at SDS that are making these calls. And all they care about is money. DD fans rejoice, if you don't play the mode at all though sorry you're just out of luck.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:15 PM   #31
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
no MVP would just bring in MUT that ultimate team rubbish that started this decline in sports game that they try and feed us into our face. this whole 'deluxe edition' I couldn't care less if your gonna give me 34904950 stubs I will not pay more for that crap. I hate in franchise when all those cards come up I can't hit x enough times I must have over a million stubs I never used over the years, that is how much I couldn't care less about that mode.

Maybe I am getting to old but I like to play a sports game for the sport.

what's gonna be next DD mode only play your own franchise and earn stubs to edit players?? or earn stubs to unlock equipment in franchise?? or you can pay REAL money and just unlock it now!

the video game market crash is coming... the sporting one maybe well here soon. There will be a time when the DD lovers will grow up and get fed up of the mode and bored. then the sales will go down because it's the only mode focused on and then we have the massive crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
I've got MLB 2k12 in my disc drive on my PC and don't get me wrong, it has problems. Big problems. There's no mystery why the show beat it years ago. It was the better game. (Problem is its still that same game.)

But man, it's smooth as butter and those pitching gestures are just irreplaceable.

Incidentally, MLB 2k is to 2k what Online Franchise is to SCEA, ha.

I meant the competition would improve The Show. The Show is still a really good baseball game and I think it is miles better than 2K baseball and MVP baseball.

It just doesn’t have a huge development team; because how much better would it sell with an 80 person staff versus something like triple that. If they tripled their development team there is no way the sales would even double.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2019, 06:26 PM   #32
MVP

Houston's Arena

This is disappointing news that's a huge let down and sucks no online franchise , but how about this let us invite a friend to play games with use in our offline franchise there able to use the other team? Again what I'm asking is I hate playing CPU and loved leagues me and a friend have tried shareplay it's not perfect to much lag but if u allowed us to invite friends to play the opposing team etc a option to play a friend in offline franchise at least it's close to the league experience we no longer have.

I am pretty much done with SDS after this fellas. There will be no more MLB ON FOX ROSTERS, MLB ON FOX PITCH EDITS (I was working on these this week for end of the 2018 data with over 1300 pitchers on it) No more SCEA ADDED PLAYERS LIST, NO MORE STILL MISSING PLAYERS/PLAYER DEBUT LIST and NO MORE HEIGHT & WEIGHT LIST from me.

Good luck to all of you who support this game still, but I no longer can. I said if it didn't return this year they have no intentions on bringing it back! I'm out fellas

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Houston; 02-07-2019 at 07:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »