Home

No Online Franchise in MLB The Show 19

This is a discussion on No Online Franchise in MLB The Show 19 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #33
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No Online Franchise in MLB The Show 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
I meant the competition would improve The Show. The Show is still a really good baseball game and I think it is miles better than 2K baseball and MVP baseball.

It just doesn’t have a huge development team; because how much better would it sell with an 80 person staff versus something like triple that. If they tripled their development team there is no way the sales would even double.
I wouldn't say the development team being small is a issue. they once did great franchise games early on, EA have a HUGE team and release the same game every year focusing on MUT only and a roster update, it took them 6 god damm year to be able to put a long snapper at the actual long snapper position in that CFM mode which ruined that franchise 6 years ago.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:55 PM   #34
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
I wouldn't say the development team being small is a issue. they once did great franchise games early on, EA have a HUGE team and release the same game every year focusing on MUT only and a roster update, it took them 6 god damm year to be able to put a long snapper at the actual long snapper position in that CFM mode which ruined that franchise 6 years ago.

I think the small development team definitely hurts them. You are right with EA though.

The big issue might be that a new sports game (every sports game franchise) has to release every single year, when the games would be so much better if it was every few years.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:10 PM   #35
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I think the small development team definitely hurts them. You are right with EA though.

The big issue might be that a new sports game (every sports game franchise) has to release every single year, when the games would be so much better if it was every few years.
2k is still the bar for sports games as I see it. They have their microtransactions just like the other games, but they go above and beyond improving their franchise mode and career modes. The effort by 2k games just dwarfs what we see from Madden and MLB these days. Maybe effort isn't the right word, but the end product simply doesn't compare. You buy a 2k game and it feels fresh every year. MLB and Madden...you could buy the game every other year and it'd still feel incredibly similar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2019, 07:15 PM   #36
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:

It's like how they gotta release a call of duty or assassins creed game every year. quantity of quality. imagine if GTA came out every year.

but 100% correct that is the major problem and why nothing gets improved with some modes and why things are taken out and recycled just to announce something as 'new again' never see stuff like create a manager. There was create a coach for 1 year in madden. even create a fan(my god what a joke that was!)

just a simple thing like create a manager or edit a manager. so we put in managers that are not in the game and make them look like them. I would prefer that so much more then a retro mode. or just legends.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:19 PM   #37
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Bought this game religiously the last decade. I'll no longer do that. Have fun with DD...This was the last sports title I was playing and now it's not worth it. I'll happily give my $60 to a company that cares about more than one segment of their fanbase. The best new feature for franchise mode this year: Contract Extensions! Woooooooooooooo!!!!! Look out!
Old 02-07-2019, 07:28 PM   #38
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
Bought this game religiously the last decade. I'll no longer do that. Have fun with DD...This was the last sports title I was playing and now it's not worth it. I'll happily give my $60 to a company that cares about more than one segment of their fanbase. The best new feature for franchise mode this year: Contract Extensions! Woooooooooooooo!!!!! Look out!

Still bought , still will buy it, don’t even play DD at all, just offline franchise. I’ll wait and see if anything has been updated there before I jump the gun, game is still a month and a half away. I’m sure more info will come and if they didn’t change much for offline franchise, I won’t be made because I’ll still play it.

Once the first screen of the PS5 is released and when it is, you all will be running right back lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 02-07-2019, 07:34 PM   #39
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
I don't play online but hate it for those who do. It's one thing if you remove it for one year to fix it and get it working properly. Yet two years in a row without it?

I know people said last year that no online franchise meant more time to making offline franchise better but we didn't even get that. All they did was add ways to streamline it and make you play the games faster. As you said, contract extensions is the only thing within one dev cycle. Compare that to multiple and many things NBA2K19 added within one dev cycle, it's crazy.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:36 PM   #40
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalBoyle14

Once the first screen of the PS5 is released and when it is, you all will be running right back lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Why? The development decisions are what people are turning their back on. The people in this thread aren't concerned with the upgraded graphics the PS5 version will have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »