Home

MLB The Show 19 Video and Screenshots - Core Gameplay Improvements

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Video and Screenshots - Core Gameplay Improvements within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2019, 01:37 PM   #81
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 19 Video and Screenshots - Core Gameplay Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Yeah, except they are literally saying over 1300 fielding animations are new. So you’d think it would be a noticeable difference already.

They probably count the motion of an arm and say the twisting of the hips or legs as separate animations even though it is happening in the same complete motion of a player.

Like someone said, it is marketing buzzwords.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2019, 04:45 PM   #82
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetirex
They probably count the motion of an arm and say the twisting of the hips or legs as separate animations even though it is happening in the same complete motion of a player.

Like someone said, it is marketing buzzwords.
I think it is mainly a buzzword thing, but I think they get to 1300 after factoring in the different branching options and throws available from each new fielding animation. They kind of mention this when they talk about fielding in the streams. How this new medium-high catch will be animated and then the different tosses available from it have to be considered also.

I don't think they're counting hip movements independently from leg movements etc. Not that micro. But, it also doesn't seem that noticeable because 1 new fielding animation might bring a couple dozen more ancillary animations with it.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:16 PM   #83
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I think it is mainly a buzzword thing, but I think they get to 1300 after factoring in the different branching options and throws available from each new fielding animation. They kind of mention this when they talk about fielding in the streams. How this new medium-high catch will be animated and then the different tosses available from it have to be considered also.

I don't think they're counting hip movements independently from leg movements etc. Not that micro. But, it also doesn't seem that noticeable because 1 new fielding animation might bring a couple dozen more ancillary animations with it.
I think on the stream the said something like that it needed at least 30 different throw animations for every new play, so if every one play is actually 30+ then you probably get to 1300 pretty quickly
Old 02-17-2019, 10:25 PM   #84
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Regardless of marketing buzzwords. 1300 new animations are definitely welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 03-06-2019, 12:23 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 3
Don't see the social terrace in right field*upper deck at bucsh stadium.Also,hope they removed the HR spulture from Marlins park.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2019, 08:31 PM   #86
MVP

Is there anywhere to find a text list of whats new, changed to the game? Hate this new style of 1 hour long streams. I just dont have the time to dedicate to watching hours of video to grab a few nuggets. Miss the old text style of actually writing preview articles. Maybe I'm missing it.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 03-06-2019, 09:11 PM   #87
Rookie

pingponggame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Is there anywhere to find a text list of whats new, changed to the game? Hate this new style of 1 hour long streams. I just dont have the time to dedicate to watching hours of video to grab a few nuggets. Miss the old text style of actually writing preview articles. Maybe I'm missing it.
Fact sheets seem to be a thing of the past. The information was quite handy (albeit exaggerated sometimes), but was easy for time constrained folks to follow along. Luckily, there are usually people that have the time and divulge information throughout the threads (first few pages typically). You may have to do some looking around if the video thing isn't working out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »