Home

MLB The Show 19 Video and Screenshots - Core Gameplay Improvements

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Video and Screenshots - Core Gameplay Improvements within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
2018 Sports Game of the Year Award Winners
Best Feature of 2018 Roundtable
Best Indie Game of 2018 Roundtable

Old 02-11-2019, 09:41 PM   #25
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 19 Video - Core Gameplay Improvements

Looks like the new Angel Stadium changes from last year are in! (Video boards, home run line, color changes)Screenshot_20190211-173854_Twitter.jpg
Old 02-11-2019, 09:53 PM   #26
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Finally, something that shows actual baseball on the field!

Some of this sounds good, but I personally hope we can turn off the icons under the players and the bounce off of the wall track indicator. Too much clutter on my screen during gameplay drives me nuts. I already know which players I have playing where and their abilities, because I set the lineup.

These feel more designed and intended for the online crowd that rushes through everything and doesnít know who their opponents are.

And didnít they make an emphasis on penalizing players playing out of position last year or the year before? Did they not do that correctly before or are they just reiterating for the DD community that complains about losing games to a 250lb first baseman going deep into the hole at SS to get to a grounder to the left side?
Was thinking the same thing the last 2 years they have talked about playing players out of position, it isn't a 'new' thing. they made a big deal out of last year on the stream by showing what happens when they put a legend playing 1st
Old 02-11-2019, 09:59 PM   #27
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Generally liked the video but can't help but be disappointed to see that, as much as they showed Kauffman Stadium, it doesn't look like any of the corrections that I posted (LINK) are in.

Vomitories still look like big blank pieces of concrete instead of blue branding
Spoiler

LED board extents on outfield walls still aren't long enough
Spoiler

Sign above RF restaurant/patio is still a big rectangle instead of a script sign
Spoiler

I realize I'm likely in the minority and my individual sale might not matter, but updates like that being in (or not) are likely what's going to sway my purchase decision this year, unfortunately.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:02 PM   #28
13 DAYS!!!!

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Was thinking the same thing the last 2 years they have talked about playing players out of position, it isn't a 'new' thing. they made a big deal out of last year on the stream by showing what happens when they put a legend playing 1st
They didn't tout it as new. The comment is that playing players out of position now will result in increased miscues versus previous years due to the new separation of fielders, which they haven't had in the past.

In the end, I don't want to look back and realize, that I had just visited the world.

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 02-11-2019, 10:02 PM   #29
Rookie

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
Generally liked the video but can't help but be disappointed to see that, as much as they showed Kauffman Stadium, it doesn't look like any of the corrections that I posted (LINK) are in.

Vomitories still look like big blank pieces of concrete instead of blue branding

Spoiler

LED board extents on outfield walls still aren't long enough

Spoiler

Sign above RF restaurant/patio is still a big rectangle instead of a script sign

Spoiler

I realize I'm likely in the minority and my individual sale might not matter, but updates like that being in (or not) are likely what's going to sway my purchase decision this year, unfortunately.
I could be wrong, so correct me if I am, but aren't these trailers from an older build? I know sometimes they don't always have all the art stuff in these trailers and it's the last thing they work on I believe. Again, if I'm wrong feel free to let me know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2019, 10:07 PM   #30
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

That Dee Gordon misplay in CF is disconcerting as the animation turned him around where he was facing the IF (for a ball over his head and him not jumping) and completely stopped his momentum versus continuing to chase the ball at the wall...just doesn't feel like a true baseball play.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:07 PM   #31
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
I could be wrong, so correct me if I am, but aren't these trailers from an older build? I know sometimes they don't always have all the art stuff in these trailers and it's the last thing they work on I believe. Again, if I'm wrong feel free to let me know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I know I've heard that said before. And I hope it's true in this case. I would love to be wrong. The thing that gives me doubt is that there are updated MLB 19 graphics in some of those places. It's not like it's the old MLB 18 graphic still showing. I won't pretend to understand how and when certain pieces of the puzzle are plugged in to the final build, though. Here's to hoping, I suppose!

Last edited by beau21; 02-11-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2019, 10:11 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by metfan425
1200 new animations yet 0 of those were used on umpires. Really wish they would give the umpires an overhaul

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I know I said I'm mute, but I just want you to know in last weeks video game play trailer they stated they added new umpire animations. Back to mute.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »