Home

Detailing the Changes to Hitting Coming to MLB The Show 19

This is a discussion on Detailing the Changes to Hitting Coming to MLB The Show 19 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2019, 07:51 PM   #41
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Detailing the Changes to Hitting Coming to MLB The Show 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
Remember, they added carry over saves because we got tired of having to start a brand new franchise every year. Card collecting modes are the definition of starting over and the cow can only be milked for so long.

It's shocking that people have been taken for a ride this long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2019, 02:32 AM   #42
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
They can't even get a release out before "helpful" gamers begin with their wishlists for the next game
I guess I'll save my "wishlist for MLB the Show 2020" until after MLB the Show 2019 drops, then.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:13 AM   #43
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

I really cannot see any reason at all to shell out 60 dollars for this game. I can update the rosters myself on 18 and just stick with it.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-19-2019, 08:39 AM   #44
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I keep reading this concern that SDS focused solely on fixing online exploits and that means the offline user is at the mercy.

But I haven’t seen one thing mentioned thus far by the devs this year in these streams that is beyond the realm of baseball when it comes to fixing online exploits.

Personally it seems that their focus on fixing online exploits this year is leading to a more “sim/realistic” game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

This this this this this this 1000X THIS!!!!!!!

I swear it’s like some people on this bird just completely shut down if there’s any context given that what they’re fixing came from online feedback. How can people say they’re doing nothing when a ton of the GAMEPLAY(you know, the most important part of a game) changes this year will make for a smoother and more sim game of baseball across the board.

I can understand the frustration of not getting a meaningful update to franchise mode for several years. I love playing online leagues with friends so trust me, I know your pain. But to just so blindly direct so much hate towards the DD community is ridiculous.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:57 AM   #45
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

I don't like the pitching change, I think it's the wrong way of doing things and pretty much the opposite of how things actually work. In real life, the more I throw a pitch (successfully), the better feel I will get for it, not worse. If I throw that pitch and have success, I will keep throwing it and my confidence in it will grow. Pitchers frequently lean on whatever pitch is feeling best that day. (just ask Lance McCullers and his endless curveballs)

The downside to throwing the same pitch too often isn't that I lose control of it, it's that the hitters get to see it more and they also become more aware I'm going to throw it, so might sit on it.

So to punish my control for throwing that pitch is the wrong way of going about it and doesn't make any real sense, if instead you want to improve the hitters success rate(hard hit %, speeds of the bat etc) when they actually read it correctly, that'd be much more in line with how it should realistically work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2019, 10:20 AM   #46
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Detailing the Changes to Hitting Coming to MLB The Show 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
I don't like the pitching change, I think it's the wrong way of doing things and pretty much the opposite of how things actually work. In real life, the more I throw a pitch (successfully), the better feel I will get for it, not worse. If I throw that pitch and have success, I will keep throwing it and my confidence in it will grow. Pitchers frequently lean on whatever pitch is feeling best that day. (just ask Lance McCullers and his endless curveballs)

The downside to throwing the same pitch too often isn't that I lose control of it, it's that the hitters get to see it more and they also become more aware I'm going to throw it, so might sit on it.

So to punish my control for throwing that pitch is the wrong way of going about it and doesn't make any real sense, if instead you want to improve the hitters success rate(hard hit %, speeds of the bat etc) when they actually read it correctly, that'd be much more in line with how it should realistically work.
Every point you make is right. Realistic isn’t artficially making my pitches deteriorate, it’s making the hitting better if they see the same pitch over and over.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:28 AM   #47
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar

How would the game know if a user “reads it correctly” though

Old 02-19-2019, 10:31 AM   #48
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
How would the game know if a user “reads it correctly” though

You swing in the right place at the right time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »