Home

MLB The Show 19 Road to the Show Details, Video and Screenshots

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Road to the Show Details, Video and Screenshots within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2019, 01:42 PM   #9
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 19 Video - Road to the Show

I like the sound of some of the ideas (fixing the CAP's being the most obvious) but it will all be very reliant on what's under the hood. If progression hasn't improved, or if the team is still constantly changing your position, trading you randomly, benching you for inferior players, then it doesn't really matter if I had a nice chat with Jedd Gyorko.

That's one of the reasons franchise needs to get fixed tbh, as the logic that runs in the background of RTTS is basically franchise but without any ability to calm down the craziness. So hopefully the push for RTTS is going to include a serious improvement to all aspects of AI, as that would hugely bolster franchise and RTTS.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:52 PM   #10
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Arbuckle
This and hopefully finally getting rotating IL schedules would go a long way toward convincing me to grind a RTTS career again.

Realistically, there’s probably a better chance MLB gets rid of interleague play, than SDS get IL schedules to rotate.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #11
Pro

Td1984's Arena

OVR: 13

Hoping on Thursday they reveal that we can select our team again instead of hoping they happen to draft us randomly. Never got the Twins on 18.
MLB: Twins, Dodgers
NFL: Vikings
MLS: Minnesota United
Premier League: Manchester United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2019, 02:20 PM   #12
Rookie

Considering Acrhtypes are there still you probably can;t be a two way player, let alone has me thinking two way players still wont be properly used.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:23 PM   #13
Rookie

Nate497's Arena

Can someone help me?

I’m gonna post this here bc I’m not sure where to post it....

https://youtu.be/86-swnmeOH4

If the Show team could see this vid and add this haircut to the game (post release at any time). I would like to at least get it to them. If they can’t ultimately add it, I would understand.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2019, 02:35 PM   #14
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate497
Can someone help me?

I’m gonna post this here bc I’m not sure where to post it....

https://youtu.be/86-swnmeOH4

If the Show team could see this vid and add this haircut to the game (post release at any time). I would like to at least get it to them. If they can’t ultimately add it, I would understand.

Thanks
Probably best to create your own thread or post this under MLB The Show 19 Wishlist
Old 02-18-2019, 02:42 PM   #15
Rookie

Man I just want some straightforward gameplay footage. Is that too much to ask for? I hope they’ll put that 30 minutes back up at some point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2019, 03:45 PM   #16
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
I like the sound of some of the ideas (fixing the CAP's being the most obvious) but it will all be very reliant on what's under the hood. If progression hasn't improved, or if the team is still constantly changing your position, trading you randomly, benching you for inferior players, then it doesn't really matter if I had a nice chat with Jedd Gyorko.

That's one of the reasons franchise needs to get fixed tbh, as the logic that runs in the background of RTTS is basically franchise but without any ability to calm down the craziness. So hopefully the push for RTTS is going to include a serious improvement to all aspects of AI, as that would hugely bolster franchise and RTTS.
The main problem with their logic in RTTS was because you were stuck as a C potential for eternity, so the CPU AI treated you like a C potential player even if you were an all star.

Seeing in the video that they are still doing the late round storyline it could definitely still be an issue in this years...

Unless they allow you to choose your storyline (early rounds pick, late round pick, etc.), though I doubt it

Last edited by Robo COP; 02-18-2019 at 03:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »