Home

MLB The Show 19 Road to the Show Details, Video and Screenshots

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Road to the Show Details, Video and Screenshots within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2019, 04:16 AM   #49
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 19 Video - Road to the Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
We'll have to see more on Thursday of course. But if you don't create a 5'8" first baseman then that will eliminate that option. As for the 300 pounder with 99 speed I assume if you don't steal bases and never choose to train speed then it is avoidable as well.

The could raise the cap to 99 but still make it really hard or rare for a power hitting corner infielder to train up their speed. It used to be somewhat that way in the old system. It took far more points to raise speed to 99 for a first baseman than it took to raise it to 99 for a CF.

I think there is a middle ground in there somewhere that system and last years caps.
Exactly, make the starting point realistic but keep the 99 caps for all attributes. If someone wants to cheese and be a 5'5 400 lb 99 everything with green hair and tats all over they can, just turn it to super easy mode. But for people that play realistically, they earn points and progress realistically so their skills match their position and their physical attributes.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:00 AM   #50
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 19 Road to the Show Details, Video and Screenshots

Super disappointed if the solution to keeping stats realistic again is just to hoard your points and never spend em. All the talk last year of "making it a realistic as possible" for them just to do a complete 180 is embarrassing.

They could have just made archetype's semi-customizable, or have a seperate option or mode for those that want no caps.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:08 AM   #51
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
meh.. could care less. show me some franchise/presentation features.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2019, 09:28 AM   #52
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
meh.. could care less. show me some franchise/presentation features.*
I mean, if you don't care about RttS, how productive is it to come into a thread specifically talking about RttS just to say that?
Old 02-19-2019, 09:31 AM   #53
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

I've always said they needed to add challenges into the game to make it more interesting. The whole cap feature they implemented last year seemed to me to just be a way to slow progress to get to MLB from AA. I would much rather they add Rookie Ball, Single A, etc., instead of artificially holding players back in the minors.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #54
All Star

OVR: 2

Not to be the evil DD guy but does this mean we’re gonna see 5’4” 99 power 99 speed catchers again as teams created player?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-19-2019, 10:50 AM   #55
Pro

Themayorofawsometown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Not to be the evil DD guy but does this mean we’re gonna see 5’4” 99 power 99 speed catchers again as teams created player?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
They haven't said anything about DD caps but I imagine if they cut down on that last year they probably are gonna do the same this year

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2019, 10:54 AM   #56
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
Super disappointed if the solution to keeping stats realistic again is just to hoard your points and never spend em. All the talk last year of "making it a realistic as possible" for them just to do a complete 180 is embarrassing.

They could have just made archetype's semi-customizable, or have a seperate option or mode for those that want no caps.

We don't know yet how easy or hard it will be to hit those caps. The advancement last year seemed slowed down from the previous years. They could make it theoretically possible for players to hit all 99 but in practice make it nearly impossible to do so.

And I don't think it was foolish. There was a very vocal blowback to the Archetype system and new training. Many of us when back to RTTS in previous versions. I think they underestimated how many of us played RTTS and was fine with it being a more arcade version of the game, where we could create our players and become the GOAT in every category. It may be dumb to some but I don't want to be restricted in my single player modes.

Last edited by Dolenz; 02-19-2019 at 11:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »