Home

Watching the MLB Network Top 100 prospect show...

This is a discussion on Watching the MLB Network Top 100 prospect show... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2019, 10:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Watching the MLB Network Top 100 prospect show...

I'm sure this has been mentioned several times in different threads but I didn't have the time to find it and type this. Feel free to add it to a thread if needed:

I'm into the little things and would watch a animated version of the hour long prospect reveal show on MLB Network but I do wish they'd add these things to each mode.

I wish that during the draft there was a comparison to current or famous players. Madden has done this and it helped when determining picks.

I think it would be cool if on draft day they showed a cut away to the family and the first player selected reacting to being picked.

I would love it if after a few years of struggling in the rotation a screen popped up (in season or off season) and suggested a player's top position no longer be starter but a RP.

2022 Jake Arrieta doesn't have the stamina or effectiveness anymore. Would you like to switch positions to RP? His OVR would increase and it could prolong his career...
After all, current CP are often failed SP.

There are a few more ideas I had but I need to get back to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Re: Watching the MLB Network Top 100 prospect show...

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime98
I'm sure this has been mentioned several times in different threads but I didn't have the time to find it and type this. Feel free to add it to a thread if needed:

I'm into the little things and would watch a animated version of the hour long prospect reveal show on MLB Network but I do wish they'd add these things to each mode.

I wish that during the draft there was a comparison to current or famous players. Madden has done this and it helped when determining picks.

I think it would be cool if on draft day they showed a cut away to the family and the first player selected reacting to being picked.

I would love it if after a few years of struggling in the rotation a screen popped up (in season or off season) and suggested a player's top position no longer be starter but a RP.

2022 Jake Arrieta doesn't have the stamina or effectiveness anymore. Would you like to switch positions to RP? His OVR would increase and it could prolong his career...
After all, current CP are often failed SP.

There are a few more ideas I had but I need to get back to work.
I'm all for this. Let's be honest. The show draft is probably the most bare bones out of any sports title. Even nhl gives player comparisons, strength and weakness, character assessment, etc. etc.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:36 AM   #3
Rookie

And another thing...
I think the trade deadline could be more exciting. At least instead of "Rebuilding" , "Normal" , "Playoff Push" starting after the draft in the deadline "phase" they could have teams that are Desperate. Maybe the Padres are willing to move prospects for an Ace. Maybe Kershaw went down and the Dodgers are willing to pay big for a SP.
Maybe there's a team that hasn't competed in a while that needs to get back to the playoffs and are willing to overpay for a player. Perhaps it's the final year of your GM contract (or a CPU one) and they need to make a splash or they'll be fired...
Old 02-22-2019, 09:56 AM   #4
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Every year 40 to 50 new prospects in the top 100, crazy
Old 02-23-2019, 01:08 AM   #5
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

I was just thinking about the same thing but MLB network was talking about top10 at each position now..

The whole pitchers switching roles is so accurate. Ppl get mad in the rtts, when they are dominant in
Areas and get changed roles. It happens. Rtts has its flaws but

Certainly most pitchers are converts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »