Home

MLB the Show...Chicken or The Egg

This is a discussion on MLB the Show...Chicken or The Egg within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2019, 03:36 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB the Show...Chicken or The Egg

They keep putting lipstick on the DD pig because they want it to be a cash cow. Meanwhile back on the farm our poor franchise Cinderella needs a glass slipper.
Also, the first chicken came before the first egg. I don't want to get into theology but Adam never was a baby

A Work in Progress
Old 02-22-2019, 03:53 PM   #10
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
They keep putting lipstick on the DD pig because they want it to be a cash cow. Meanwhile back on the farm our poor franchise Cinderella needs a glass slipper.
Also, the first chicken came before the first egg. I don't want to get into theology but Adam never was a baby
Dinosaurs had eggs, dinosaurs came before chickens (and Adam). Simples.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:58 PM   #11
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

[quote=countryboy;2049699363]I don't believe that SDS has ever came out and said that the reason they don't add more things to franchise mode is because very few play it. That is a theory formulated on the forums.

I don't care if woodweaver liked this post or not. But I do distinctly recall Ramone saying something on the lines of just that a few years back. I believe it was on here. That franchise mode was the least played mode so not a lot focus goes into it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2019, 04:07 PM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564

I don't care if woodweaver liked this post or not. But I do distinctly recall Ramone saying something on the lines of just that a few years back. I believe it was on here. That franchise mode was the least played mode so not a lot focus goes into it.
I don't know what Ramone said, or the context that it was said, but I can promise you that they aren't trying to get people to stop playing franchise mode so they can remove it, and aren't purposely omitting adding features that the community wants in hopes of angering those players to switch to DD to make more money.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-22-2019, 04:44 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

Hopefully its a good indication that if March to October is a new kind of season type deal, at some point in the future when its possible, they'll get back to stouting franchise up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Dinosaurs had eggs, dinosaurs came before chickens (and Adam). Simples.
I was talking about prehistoric dinochickens lol
and I thought Carl Everrett proved dinos never existed

A Work in Progress
Old 02-22-2019, 05:04 PM   #14
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't know what Ramone said, or the context that it was said, but I can promise you that they aren't trying to get people to stop playing franchise mode so they can remove it, and aren't purposely omitting adding features that the community wants in hopes of angering those players to switch to DD to make more money.

Agreed. Franchise mode isn't going anywhere. it just not going to get huge updates that a lot are wanting here on this Forum. I'm not upset about it , I don't much time to play a 162 games anymore, I just want a better offseason in franchise, there something goofy to the way it works that doesn't seem like it matches the real world offseason.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:08 PM   #15
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
You cannot monetize Franchise Mode.
That is all there is to it.
I disagree, I think franchise mode could be monetized with some ingenuity. I wouldn't like it and I wouldn't necessarily spend much if anything on it, but I can certainly think of ways that SDS could make some money out of franchise mode.

In fact, you can already buy more cash for your ball club and spend money in order to be able to do so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2019, 05:43 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I disagree, I think franchise mode could be monetized with some ingenuity. I wouldn't like it and I wouldn't necessarily spend much if anything on it, but I can certainly think of ways that SDS could make some money out of franchise mode.

In fact, you can already buy more cash for your ball club and spend money in order to be able to do so.
This is what I think too. But anytime you start mentioning spending extra money on franchise, people start hollering firewall. There needs to be 2 type discs. 1 for 60$ where you can spend extra on franchise. Then a 2nd disc for 58$ where there is no way possible to get any dl content that you pay extra for. I dont go to subway and order a turkey sub, then after I'm halfway thru, go back in line and tell them to give me more turkey for free because I've already paid for some.
[/endrant]

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »