Home

MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream - New Moments Mode & Diamond Dynasty First Look

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream - New Moments Mode & Diamond Dynasty First Look within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2019, 06:31 PM   #9
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream - New Moments Mode & Diamond Dynasty First Look

No Immortals or Souvenirs! Great stuff. Pointless ticket counter that they never updated is gone as well
Old 02-28-2019, 06:53 PM   #10
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream - New Moments Mode & Diamond Dynasty First Look

Those bats make me cringe. Slowly becoming Chel with every new release.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:59 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4

Yeah, I tuned in just to see if there was anything new gameplay wise, etc. that got mentioned. I couldn't watch it, I just have no real desire to collect cards, DD, and Moments isn't really that big of a deal.

I'd much rather have an option to jump into Franchise at any moment like Madden, or frankly anything improved in Franchise and overall gameplay/graphics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2019, 07:08 PM   #12
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Not digging the one and done type challenges, playing out games could be fun.

Those bats........
Old 02-28-2019, 07:11 PM   #13
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Archive.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/388252473
Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-28-2019, 07:19 PM   #14
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Some really nice quality of life fixes in DD, a bunch of stuff that really should have been in for years has finally been sorted. (multiple lineups, filtering your players, in game notifications, quick options to sell cards)

overall though, not crazy about moments. Maybe they are holding back the more interesting ones, but generally hey just seemed a bit, meh? Not as interesting as I'd hoped. Black and white seemed like an afterthought, it looked pretty terrible with all the modern graphic overlays, if you're going to do it then at least commit to it and do it right.

The new program structure really didn't hugely appeal to me, I like that they are giving options so you don't have to play online/offline, but I don't like the fact that you can't unlock all the players, instead having to chose and then buy any others you wanted on the marketplace. The whole thing looks like stubs are going to be everything really. I didn't see any missions either that really linked to who was in your team, I'm sure there will be some though as that's pretty much the basis of what DD has been and it's what makes squad building interesting. New conquest looks like more of the same tbh, still didn't really see anything to encourage just playing 9 inning games either, so hopefully they're holding that back for the content stream.

Very happy to see them essentially admit last year was a complete fail and bin Immortals and Souvenirs. A very welcome change.

Generally a bit hit and miss. Some things I really like, some not so much, some things I'm hoping are still to come
Old 02-28-2019, 07:20 PM   #15
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

It's a Diamond Dynasty stream so it will probably be crapped on here but there was a tone of good stuff revealed in the stream. Oh, and the bat skins are optional. Don't like em then don't use them.

Highlights

Moments
  • Moments is a standalone mode. You don't even need a DD team to play them.
  • The Babe Ruth called shot moment was played in Black and White
  • Some moments will be player locked some will have you control the whole team.
  • Cut Scene intros for moments

Diamond Dynasty
  • No Ticket Counter
  • No Souvenirs
  • No Immortals
  • Reduced Exchanges
  • Up to four squads
  • Quick menus on cards for selling or adding to the team
  • Player comparisons on roster screens
  • Filters on roster screens
  • Ratings shown for out of position players
  • New maps for conquest
  • Choice Packs - Finish the first program and get your choice of Cy Young, Goose Gossage or Andruw Jones.

As someone who quickly grew tired of the grind and the reliance on Exchanges and Souvenirs last year I am once again interested in DD

There is more to come in two weeks but I would like another way to play offline DD other than Conquest. Although it looks like Conquest related missions will be rolled out more often so that might help.

Last edited by Dolenz; 02-28-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2019, 07:30 PM   #16
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Why does Citizens Bank Park not get any love from SDS?

I send in my feedback but year after year I am seeing the same stadiums issues!

So frustrating

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »