Home

MLB The Show 19 Video - Road to October

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Video - Road to October within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2019, 12:25 PM   #81
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: GAMESTOP MONDAY: Road to October

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
They said they wanted to get it in last year so let's hope they did this year. On the other hand they put a lot of effort into this game mode so I honestly only expect minimal changes to franchise, if any.

If anything, they'll strip a couple features from Franchise like they did some fan favorite modes last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2019, 12:33 PM   #82
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Sure. But even the gameplay changes they are implementing are geared towards h2h and DD. I am reminded of this everytime I try and lay down a sacrifice bunt and it comes off of the bat with the velocity of an infield single. I wouldn't necessarily call this a replication of what we see on the field in real life.
And they have corrected bunting for this year.

And I didn't realize that realistic ball physics, playing balls of the wall, tuning balls bouncing over wall for ground rule doubles, better defensive play/animations, and such were all geared towards the h2h and DD crowd.

Remember...any exploit that you can find in a h2h game, most likely can be used to exploit the CPU as well.

So yeah..maybe they are finding these things by watching h2h streams or feedback from h2h, but the fixing of these exploits are good for the offline single player experience as well.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 03-04-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:45 PM   #83
Rookie

MLBfanatic97's Arena

the twitch chat on Thursday is gonna be saltier than the dead sea oh buddy

that being said, if I do end up getting the game, I'll try it just to see what's up, it really does depend on what they say on stream this week

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-04-2019, 12:45 PM   #84
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
And they have corrected bunting for this year.

And I didn't realize that realistic ball physics, playing balls of the wall, tuning balls bouncing over wall for ground rule doubles, better defensive play/animations, and such were all geared towards the h2h and DD crowd.

Remember...any exploit that you can find in a h2h game, most likely can be used to exploit the CPU as well.

So yeah..maybe they are finding these things by watching h2h streams or feedback from h2h, but the fixing of these exploits are good for the offline single player experience as well.
Actually, alot of that is geared towards DD as well. They have been trying to master the "playing out of position" penalty for years. Having fielders be worse in secondary positions and being able to see that on a lineup card for DD. People have been exploiting that and finding ways in DD for awhile.

As the previous guy said they ruined bunting for the franchise player. That was done for the DD/H2H crowd. I am not saying all gameplay related issues are JUST for that. But its becoming time that people need to start realzing that the gameplay is shifting towards DD/H2H because thats what makes a ton of money. It is sad.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:47 PM   #85
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

I'm not legitimately shocked in life now, but this legitimately shocked me. Sorry for all the guys who loved season mode and this is what you get. I don't even know what else to say. A lot of people were hyped for this mode, but usually when you hype something up, it's usually ends up a disappointment. I couldn't watch more than 10 seconds of this video without clicking X. Incredible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2019, 12:49 PM   #86
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBfanatic97
the twitch chat on Thursday is gonna be saltier than the dead sea oh buddy

Isn't it always salty? Seems like it has been that way for years. This year I have been watching the streams on my PS4 with chat hidden. I only open it up long enough to enter that weeks keyword.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:51 PM   #87
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Actually, alot of that is geared towards DD as well. They have been trying to master the "playing out of position" penalty for years. Having fielders be worse in secondary positions and being able to see that on a lineup card for DD. People have been exploiting that and finding ways in DD for awhile.

As the previous guy said they ruined bunting for the franchise player. That was done for the DD/H2H crowd. I am not saying all gameplay related issues are JUST for that. But its becoming time that people need to start realzing that the gameplay is shifting towards DD/H2H because thats what makes a ton of money. It is sad.
But the point remains that even if those improvements/fixes are geared towards the DD/h2h crowd, they benefit the single player experience as well.

Bunting was too easy in '16 as everyone was able to bunt without penalty, in '17 they made the change and went too far the other way. Stayed that way for '18, but for '19 they have worked to find a middle ground.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-04-2019, 12:51 PM   #88
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

I understand the concern among you hardcore franchise guys, but for a guy like me who just doesn't have the time to commit to a full in depth franchise simulation, this looks great. It's basically what I would do when I would play season mode a few years back, play only 1 out of every 5 or so games and only do minor GM stuff like some trades and call ups. I never got too into the micromanaging and scouting and financial stuff, so it really feels like this is a mode made for me. I just really hope it goes for multiple seasons and its not just a single season.

I do really feel for you Franchise guys though. Seems like they just have no interest in improving it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »