Home

2019 - No SEASON Mode? Thoughts...

This is a discussion on 2019 - No SEASON Mode? Thoughts... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2019, 03:45 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 2019 - No SEASON Mode? Thoughts...

I'm guessing they figure people can play a single season in franchise mode and have season mode.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:33 PM   #18
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I'm guessing they figure people can play a single season in franchise mode and have season mode.
The only true difference is the ability to choose the length of season. And I really think if SDS can add that ability to choose the season length inside franchise mode....that can really go a long way to solving the disappointment in the demise of season mode.

When you set everything to auto.....you don’t have to deal with scouting, training, drafting, call ups send downs.....nothing.

The ability to choose the season length is the only thing missing from franchise mode to make it just like season mode.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-07-2019, 10:50 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
MK I play single seasons with classic rosters in franchise mode.

All the time.

I don’t understand your frustration in that regard.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Sorry my comments offended you. I know you kinda rule the roost in this section of forums, but I simply wanted to see Season Mode to come back. Yeah, I get what you're saying...
Old 03-07-2019, 11:30 AM   #20
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Sorry my comments offended you. I know you kinda rule the roost in this section of forums, but I simply wanted to see Season Mode to come back. Yeah, I get what you're saying...
I am not offended at all. I am just trying to understand that one point about classic rosters. Because unless you want to play an abbreviated season (which was one of the main draws of season mode in selecting how many games make up the schedule), there is no difference between season mode and franchise mode in playing a single season with a classic roster (or a regular roster for that matter). with all those 25-40 man rosters you had to keep injuries and trading off (by turning on CPU roster control) to really play it smoothly and without a ton of micro-management.

That's all my friend.

I had to back track and recreate over a dozen classic roster files to franchise files that I lost when season mode went bye bye on 18. Thank goodness the vault on MLB 16 and 17 is alive and well still. Tons of great stuff there to carry from 16 & 17 to 18.

I was not trying to be condescending at all and hope you did not construe my post as such.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 03-07-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:31 AM   #21
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

I've said this before in other threads; as a former season mode player I now prefer playing a single season in franchise mode because you play a realistic schedule. I really disliked playing an 81 game schedule with my first 30 games against my division rivals and no other games against them for the rest of the season.

In fact in 2017 I had already made the switch on my own.

If they do bring season mode back I hope they address that...

As far as turning all of the GM stuff to 'auto' I agree with A&S although there may be a couple of options that I turned off as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2019, 12:03 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
The only true difference is the ability to choose the length of season. And I really think if SDS can add that ability to choose the season length inside franchise mode....that can really go a long way to solving the disappointment in the demise of season mode.

When you set everything to auto.....you don’t have to deal with scouting, training, drafting, call ups send downs.....nothing.

The ability to choose the season length is the only thing missing from franchise mode to make it just like season mode.

This is actually the main point, the length of the season. If we put everything AUTO or OFF in Franchise it´s just like a Season Mode, except for the most important difference, the lenght of the season.

It´s just incredibly stupid to not allow a player to customize the length of the season, there is no justification whatsoever for this!
Old 03-07-2019, 12:41 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
I used to play season mode in older games, but when I began to have more free time at home as a freelancer, I could do franchise (I'm average 2-3 seasons now). I feel season shouldn't be separated to begin with. It should be in franchise as an option. It should be you choose franchise and you select franchise (play up to 30 seasons) or season (play just one). I never understood why it was a separate mode. It's not like it's taking up a lot of resources. I feel the pain of season guys for sure. Not everyone is lucky like me to work at home and have free time out of the a**. People have other commitments. It's mind-boggling why they took it out, but I feel if they do bring it back, it should be a part of franchise as an option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Season mode was NOT just one season. It was basically "franchise light". You had multiple seasons, the draft, free agency,etc. but you could make the seasons shorter and you only had a 40-man roster to manage.

As others have said, the shortening of the seasons was the key element as you can pretty much automate all the other extra stuff from franchise to resemble season mode.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:02 PM   #24
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

For those of you suggesting franchise mode is fine and dandy for people who used to play season mode...First of all, it's not *just* the length of season that was adjustable but also the abbreviated rosters in season mode that people liked. Secondly, these gamers shouldn't have the rug pulled out from under them for some reason that still has not been articulated by Sony. One year later. We can speculate on why, but if the true reason is that you season mode players are a small, insignificant slice of Sony's revenue pie, then that probably doesn't help matters any. Especially when season mode was heavily used by historical roster creators whom we should applaud for their creations and contributions to rosters rather than minimize them into oblivion.

Make no mistake, taking season mode out last cycle and doing it in the underhanded way they did was indeed a massive backhand across the face of their customers. No amount of pro-Sony spin or rationalization will ever change that. They consciously made the decision to exclude some of their existing customers and it was probably even more work to remove the mode than it would have been to just let it ride. Although that last part is pure speculation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »