Home

2019 - No SEASON Mode? Thoughts...

This is a discussion on 2019 - No SEASON Mode? Thoughts... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2019, 10:34 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: 2019 - No SEASON Mode? Thoughts...

Adjustable Season lengths must be back in 2020
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 11-18-2019, 05:25 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
This, this is all I care about. its bad enough I have to worry about minor leagues past AAA but for the love of god no one has time to play 162! and even if they have the time its still too stale to plow through.

I miss improving my teams in season mode every off season after 29 games+playoffs, it was like adding a new coat of paint in just enough time to keep it fresh.

Franchise now ill be lucky if I make it past April in my 2nd season and thats with simming.

162 games only is a real anchor of frustration with MLB the show
Old 11-19-2019, 07:54 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
Yeah - I could live with this....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2019, 01:01 AM   #52
Pro

Just asking. Is simming some games not an option for those wanting to shorten the season? Would that be an alternative to giving up the game?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-21-2019, 08:56 AM   #53
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Just asking. Is simming some games not an option for those wanting to shorten the season? Would that be an alternative to giving up the game?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
First thing is I won't be giving up the game as thankfully 16 and 17 still reside in my collection

Simming for me is not an option as I buy games to play them not have random results spit out.
Let's say I choose to play 81 games which used to be the highest shortened season you could have and Sim 81.
Let's say in my time playing I go 35-46 and in the next 81 the CPU Sims I go 60-21 and end up winning 95 games and make the playoffs, how can that possibly feel rewarding??
Old 07-07-2020, 06:54 PM   #54
Rookie

SALonghorn's Arena

So apologies for being late to this conversation...

So there is no way I can play an 80-game season offline in The Show 2019? Wow...I’m an old school gamer content playing offline with my own updated rosters.

With the short 2020 season coming, I decided to start an 80 game season on The Show 19. After the mess that is saving roster changes, I tried to start a season. I saw only MtO and Franchise but I couldn’t reduce the number of games in either one.

So disappointing. This will be my last buy for The Show and it’s a great game.

Best bet going forward (unless a Season mode is returned) is to get an old copy of The Show 17 and look for an updated roster each calendar year?
Old 07-08-2020, 03:30 AM   #55
Rookie

SALonghorn's Arena

Well after thinking about walking away from The Show and thinking about buying a 2017 copy of the game that has the short season mode...I’ve come up with my own crazy season idea.

I’m playing Franchise mode and won my first game. I’ll play 79 more games and see what the standings are. Then go to the playoff mode and fleet up the brackets based on the 80 game standings. I’d prefer one complete season but this will have to be good enough for now.

My Indians roster was manually updated to the 2020 roster so I’m good to go. The player ratings and hot streaks will all start over but at least it will be a played season in my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2020, 07:00 PM   #56
Rookie

I stopped playing season mode few years ago when they wouldn’t allow Me and a buddy play a 2 player season . I play as team he’s facing and vice versa and I forget what year it was and don’t even know if they gave season mode this year because you can play couch to couch in franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »