Home

MLB The Show 19 Video - What’s New in Diamond Dynasty, Signature Series Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Video - What’s New in Diamond Dynasty, Signature Series Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20

Old 03-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #1
Owner and News Editor

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB The Show 19 Video - What’s New in Diamond Dynasty, Signature Series Revealed

GameStop has posted their official MLB Monday, featuring MLB The Show 19’s Diamond Dynasty mode with...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2019, 01:48 PM   #2
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 19 Video - What’s New in Diamond Dynasty

I love that you can earn program points just by getting xp in any mode.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 19 Video - What’s New in Diamond Dynasty, Signature Series Revealed

One comment
Old 03-13-2019, 05:58 AM   #4
Rookie

Re: MLB The Show 19 Video - What’s New in Diamond Dynasty, Signature Series Revealed

Jeez, people on here really don't like DD? Lol anywho it looks like they made grinding a bit easier, because last year that's just too many hours of forced mind numbing gameplay. Also, looks like they just broke everything from last year and made them into smaller groups. I can't wait though! New game mode plus all the stuff we already love!
Old 03-13-2019, 10:38 AM   #5
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTonneBaby
One comment
My mom always sad, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything."

I'll only watch the stream Thursday to see if there is any gameplay shown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2019, 10:48 AM   #6
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guys_WhoGame
Jeez, people on here really don't like DD? Lol anywho it looks like they made grinding a bit easier, because last year that's just too many hours of forced mind numbing gameplay. Also, looks like they just broke everything from last year and made them into smaller groups. I can't wait though! New game mode plus all the stuff we already love!

I am looking forward to playing DD again, which is not a statement I thought I would say after last year when I quickly burnt out on the grind.

And you are correct. DD is not a mode that is enjoyed by many of the regulars here.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:57 AM   #7
Pro

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

I really got into DD last year...I enjoyed the freshness of it after burning out on Franchise Mode pretty quickly. It was fun to acquire cards and collections - made me feel like a kid again, with my trading card binder in front of me.

However, some of the content releases (especially the way they implemented the Finest program), turned me off.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:49 PM   #8
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I got slideritis really bad last spring and by May, I had grown so frustrated because of it that I stopped playing franchise. I had begun dabbling in DD in April, but by May/June, it became my primary mode (playing strictly offline). As a guy that collected cards as a kid in the 80s/90s, it was SO cool to see programs for guys I absolutely loved watching growing-up (guys like my all-time fav, Barry Larkin).

I just LOVED the DD program structure on 18. I had an "end goal" with the immortals, I had paths laid-out to get them. And these goals kept me going. Other card modes don't have an "end goal" for offline guys, it's just this never-ending cycle of short solos/modest team upgrade/short solos/modest team upgrade. There is nothing that makes me go, "Oh, THIS is what I am shooting for." Put it another way, playing other card modes offline is like playing franchise mode without there being playoffs/titles.

Anyways, being DD, I didn't have to worry about sliders and I could finally just enjoy playing baseball again. I focused on the missions, and played in the same 'clean screen' style I always do using the more ratings-based classic/directional/auto-fielding. I savored the programs, savored the missions, and had some serious fist-pump moments when I was able to complete some of those missions which I struggled with (I hate you Saltalamacchia). But I always had that end "goal" of getting those immortals. I of course engaged in the shorter programs (the futures program was fun, albeit way too short)...but I always had those end goals in mind. I accomplished most of what I really wanted to and went back to franchise mode in December with a very different perspective - the game is about having fun.

DD had its mis-steps last year, like those long "double" missions (which they later turned-course on and switched to XBH), "online only" immortals, and obviously in how the original immortals were rolled-out. The Finest program was very poorly executed and definitely left a bad taste in my mouth; but I also think this is why they are focusing on nearly everything being sellable this year.

Moving ahead to 2019; I'm nervous though. Will they go down the path of MUT and focus on these tiny little programs (which make offline play pointless) or will they give us some meaty, long-term goals to shoot for? The answer to this will dictate how much I play the mode this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »