Home

SDS Answers Some Questions About March to October

This is a discussion on SDS Answers Some Questions About March to October within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2019, 07:37 PM   #1
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6
SDS Answers Some Questions About March to October

Hey guys,

Just wanted to shed some answers on questions that were presented about March to October following last night's stream. These answers are from San Diego Studios directly.

- One *successful* March to October campaign should take 15-20 hours of gameplay.

- Users will be able to earn the highest possible reward in March to October by winning the World Series with any team on HALL OF FAME difficulty or higher, not legend.

- Winning the world series with a Longshot will obviously be more difficult than with a Favorite. Because of this, rewards will be adaptive based on that. This could include supplemental stubs or packs or other things in addition to the 6 cards presented as examples.

- All card rewards available in March to October will also be available to earn in other ways in other modes, not necessarily just through marketplace purchase.

- You can progress Diamond Dynasty Moments and/or Programs by playing March to October. For example, doing the Mariners March to October would progress specific Mariners programs or Moments in Diamond Dynasty.

- You can earn several rewards in March to October WITHOUT winning the World Series
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2019, 12:32 AM   #2
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SDS Answers Some Questions About March to October

Are there any episodes where you play a full game other than a game 7 in the postseason?
Old 03-09-2019, 09:32 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

I was hoping that I could a play through faster than 15-20 hours. For some reason, I figured it would be a 5-6 hour process. At 15-20hours, I might play it one time through. For some reason I thought I had heard you could do it in one to two sessions? I guess they meant longer sessions.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:06 AM   #4
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0

I had heard Mto was going to be involved in the DD Team Epics, and this seems to confirm that. I hope they aren't necessary though (with more than 100% worth of options to pick and chose from for each program like with the moment programs they've shown so far) as completing Mto with each different team, presumably even on higher difficulties, sounds like an incredibly arduous grind if each one is 20 hours long.

Can we at least save part way through and go back if needed? As otherwise I can only imagine how annoying it would be to lose the WS on HoF and then essentially count as failing, needing to redo 20 hours of hard work.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:12 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
I was hoping that I could a play through faster than 15-20 hours. For some reason, I figured it would be a 5-6 hour process. At 15-20hours, I might play it one time through. For some reason I thought I had heard you could do it in one to two sessions? I guess they meant longer sessions.
Correct Ramone did say that...1-2 ten hour sessions, which is about a normal day for us franchise guys trying to get thru a full season with two teams...lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2019, 10:59 AM   #6
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm happy to hear 15-20 hours to play through. That might be a few weeks of gaming for me these days. But it's also short enough that if the mode is engaging, you could do it in a few days. We'll see!
Old 03-09-2019, 11:05 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
Correct Ramone did say that...1-2 ten hour sessions, which is about a normal day for us franchise guys trying to get thru a full season with two teams...lol.

Lol, yeah the timeframe seems to be good for some and not for other. I was hoping to take the cardinals through MtO, but I am not sure that I want to be away from Franchise or DD for that long.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I love seeing guys who just were complaining about SDS speeding the game up and making too many shortcuts complaining about MTO now being too arduous of a grind because it's 15-20 hours to complete a season.

Last edited by bkrich83; 03-09-2019 at 03:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »