Home

Official MLB 19 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 19 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB 19 : Road to the Show Thread

I'm having the same problem. I can't figure out how to change the settings in my RTTS game, so that I only see my player's at bats. Now, I have to sit through every player's simmed at bats. It does give me an option to skip to my next at bat, but I now need to hit the "skip" button for every at bat. Is there a way to change the settings so I only see my at bats & where I won't have to hit the skip button for every at bat? I have searched the settings options, but I cannot find it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2019, 09:31 AM   #42
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougt1341
I'm having the same problem. I can't figure out how to change the settings in my RTTS game, so that I only see my player's at bats. Now, I have to sit through every player's simmed at bats. It does give me an option to skip to my next at bat, but I now need to hit the "skip" button for every at bat. Is there a way to change the settings so I only see my at bats & where I won't have to hit the skip button for every at bat? I have searched the settings options, but I cannot find it.
I don't think so, this is the way they made RTTS batting only this year , you need to skip in order to get to your next bat , it's a bit different but you get used to it.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Last edited by BSUFAN; 03-28-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:07 AM   #43
Rookie

loungefly85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
Well as a rookie in your first year in the bigs you will probably only get pinch hit games and maybe a few starts unless your are superstar rookie or someone get injured at the position your are playing, You will get more playing time the better you get but it is a slow process , so patience is the key unless you ask for a trade which might or might not happen.
That's not what I was referring to. I get that as a rookie there will be a lot of pinch hitting.

The issue is that as a SS/CF I am pitching on the mound to a batter (but just one) in games that I am pinch hitting.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:42 AM   #44
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I have a minor annoyance to report when carrying over my MLB 18 RTTS save files into MLB 19 and that was that almost all of my attributes for all my RTTS players were capped in MLB 19 whereas they are not capped in MLB 18. So it appears that for the first month or two of the season with my various RTTS characters that I will need to use all of my training sessions increasing the various attribute CAPs meaning for many categories I won't ever be allowed to improve on them with my game play performances until I get a chance to raise the CAPs. Not sure if this was triggered by the new player archetypes or something else is in play here. Now this is not a show stopper, all of my RTTS players are all now playing at the MLB level and they all have decent skills to be still competitive in the games.

PS: I am enjoying the enhanced presentations of MLB 19 and am also enjoying the slightly better hitting and fielding mechanics of this release. So I am in no way disappointed with my MLB 19 purchase. It should be a fun year.
You are correct this has to do with the new archetypes.

I will discuss this issue with the designers.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:10 AM   #45
Rookie

I just started rtts yesterday as a control freak starter. I went for a 4 seam fastball, splitter and a curveball as my three pitches. Got drafted by the angels in the 17th round. I did manage to win my first two starts at the AA level. Liking the new archetypes so far. Considering that i havent played since the final ps3 show which was 2016. I would say that its been solid so far.

PSN: kbracer2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2019, 11:26 AM   #46
Rookie

Started a second baseman using the Small Ball archetype. Having a blast so far. I like the new things like the mini-games and the personality stuff. The graphics seem sharper this year on close ups, uniforms, and player head shots. Game play is super smooth and fielding animations are definitely better. I'm seeing some cool base hits happen as well. Best RTTS ever.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:01 PM   #47
Rookie

ingey1968's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougt1341
right after your first at bat or fielding chance look at bottom right of screen. click and highlight the triangle and for the rest of the game it will skip at bats etc until your next fielding or hitting chance. pic below to see what i mean but be on the lookout, only stays up five seconds or so
Old 03-28-2019, 12:59 PM   #48
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamm
Any idea what is deciding potential? Before showcase my LF has an A potential but my SP has a B?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I've always wondered that. Don't have an answer unfortunately. My new question to ponder this year, is how the heck to not to drafted by the O's or Whitesox, lol. It doesn't matter if I make a 2nd baseman, SS, RF, etc. I get picked by those two teams every time

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »