Home

The Show 19 Uniforms

This is a discussion on The Show 19 Uniforms within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2019, 01:20 PM   #193
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Show 19 Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I wish they hadn't gone back to flipping the Braves colors again on the road. They had it right last year.

Braves really should be:
TC1: Blue
TC2: Red

Most of the players wear blue accessories home and road, but with TC2 they show up as red on the road in game.

Yea, I've noticed that it sucks.

Does changing to Team Default make any difference? I havent tested but maybe Team Default makes things correct?
Old 04-19-2019, 04:33 AM   #194
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Very minor detail, but a lot of MLB teams are wearing the 3D logos on their helmets now. Not sure how well it would stand out on a video game, but would be nice to see replicated. Maybe PS5 would give it the detailing it deserves.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:05 PM   #195
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Yea, I've noticed that it sucks.

Does changing to Team Default make any difference? I havent tested but maybe Team Default makes things correct?
There's no Team Default for sleeves. But if you switch from compression to regular long sleeves, those are always blue. That's also what they wear in cold-weather games.

I just left it as is, so Freddie and Nick wear red on the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2019, 07:02 AM   #196
MVP

OVR: 0

A general nitpicking observation... way too many players have low crown profile caps and too many have the curved brim style. I can only think of Ichiro who specifically wore the low profile crowns and definitely not many players have that super curved brim style. I'm glad those options are in the game but it seems a bit drastic how many players have those as their default cap settings. And the curved brim wouldn't be so bad or noticeable if it didn't shrink and distort the cap logo so much.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #197
Banned

JakesDad2016's Arena

Are you a 12 year old? Sounds like you are pouting and going to take your ball and go home.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:57 AM   #198
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

The Show 19 Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakesDad2016
Are you a 12 year old? Sounds like you are pouting and going to take your ball and go home.

Well that’s a pretty hostile comment over a relatively well thought out and concise post. It’s a uniform thread, where else would you like users to post their comments/concerns about uniforms?
Old 05-19-2019, 12:31 PM   #199
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
A general nitpicking observation... way too many players have low crown profile caps and too many have the curved brim style. I can only think of Ichiro who specifically wore the low profile crowns and definitely not many players have that super curved brim style. I'm glad those options are in the game but it seems a bit drastic how many players have those as their default cap settings. And the curved brim wouldn't be so bad or noticeable if it didn't shrink and distort the cap logo so much.
I think you're right that too many players are given the low crown look but it's definitely not just Ichiro who wore them. Off the top of my head I know that Wainwright, Scherzer and Posey all wear them. For whatever reason though Ichiro's caps were always perfectly molded to his head better than anyone else's. I haven't been able to do that with a 5950 since they changed from wool to polyester.

I also personally like the effect the lower crown has on the logo and look of the game's caps in general. The standard crown caps in the game look massive and boxy like the 5950s made in China. IRL the players only wear caps made in the USA and the crowns on those caps have a more tapered look. I wear a standard crown myself but gave my created player a few years ago a low crown curved brim because I didn't like how the standard crown looked on him.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:14 PM   #200
Pro

Foo4Everlong's Arena

OVR: 8

Just noticed last night that the camo unis from Pittsburgh and San Diego have the new Stance Armed Forces/Memorial Day socks. It amazes me that SSD can’t give every team a uniform set for each of the special events that happen during the Season to wear outside of Franchise or MTO. I realize that a lot of the unis within the game are still being fixed to match the real world uniforms. Why if Pittsburgh, San Diego, and Cincinnati have digital camo options can’t the rest of the league. These camo unis are just fantastic as are the rest of the special event uniforms! It’s a shame SSD can’t get them into the game. Even if it was through a patch! Obviously the first special event isn’t until Jackie Robinson Day, which would give the team plenty enough time to patch in socks and other equipment options. Just a bit of a rant! Sorry if I offended anyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »