Home

Official MLB 19 the Show Trade Discussion

This is a discussion on Official MLB 19 the Show Trade Discussion within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2019, 12:57 PM   #905
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official MLB 19 the Show Trade Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
Looking towards next season and I would like to acquire Starling Marte from the Pirates. What would the Blue Jays have to part with?

I was thinking Teoscar Hernandez would be a piece but not the main one. What other pieces would I have to give with Hernandez? I could send them back one of my young catchers, OF and / or pitchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eric Pardinho + Rowdy Tellez is perfect value for Marte.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2019, 11:23 PM   #906
Rookie

Son of Motown's Arena

OVR: 0

I recently had a the Cubs offer Addison Russel in exchange for Beau Burrows. I ended up declining it since I don't need to deal with a headcase during a rebuild.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:13 PM   #907
Pro

UNDERTAKER1215's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Send him to the Padres.

You can land Joey Lucchesi and Andres Munoz. Two very talented, young arms.

I need an outfielder back, so I'd either need someone like Margot back, or make a separate deal for one, but I'm not sure who that might be.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:15 PM   #908
All Star

Bard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER1215
I need an outfielder back, so I'd either need someone like Margot back, or make a separate deal for one, but I'm not sure who that might be.
Margot would totally be available in this. Sub out the second piece for him, and send the Padres a decent RP in a 2-2 swap and it's even. Nobody insane, just a Brasier type.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:58 PM   #909
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

Just started a Braves chise and looking at doing a few things esp on the pitching side to get better what are some moves realistically that I could do to get better at the moment see them as a tweener roster not quite Contender but just outsider that group good enough for playoffs.

Batting there dynamic with Acuna,Donaldson,Albies and Freeman being the staple and with Swanson and Riley still developing don’t think I need much in terms of batting help.

Was looking at a few options for starters and came up with these what would be the best option and most realistically getting the best package for the CPU these were my top 5 i want a good solid 2-3 to help anchor with Soroka.

Bumgarner
Syndegarrd
Robbie Ray
Mike Minor
Jameson Tallion

As for closers looking at either as my best two options and don’t think it would take much to get them.

Wade Davis
Craig Kimbrel

Any suggestions or ideas on help would be appreciated have not really had a long extensive play on the show so gonna give this a decent crack and any help would be good thanks.
NRL:New Zealand Warriors

Old 10-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #910
All Star

Bard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuxx24
Just started a Braves chise and looking at doing a few things esp on the pitching side to get better what are some moves realistically that I could do to get better at the moment see them as a tweener roster not quite Contender but just outsider that group good enough for playoffs.

Batting there dynamic with Acuna,Donaldson,Albies and Freeman being the staple and with Swanson and Riley still developing don’t think I need much in terms of batting help.

Was looking at a few options for starters and came up with these what would be the best option and most realistically getting the best package for the CPU these were my top 5 i want a good solid 2-3 to help anchor with Soroka.

Bumgarner

Syndegarrd

Robbie Ray

Mike Minor

Jameson Tallion

As for closers looking at either as my best two options and don’t think it would take much to get them.

Wade Davis

Craig Kimbrel

Any suggestions or ideas on help would be appreciated have not really had a long extensive play on the show so gonna give this a decent crack and any help would be good thanks.
Not doing 2019 totals since you are doing the year 2019.

Davis is worth roughly 1.2 million, so a C potential or two prospects would work with you "taking on the money".

Mike Minor is worth about $33.6 million.

Drew Waters straight up (little bit of an overpay) or someone like Shea Langeliers + a lotto prospect.

Old 11-02-2019, 10:00 AM   #911
Pro

UNDERTAKER1215's Arena

OVR: 3

So unless the team completely falls apart by the trade deadline, I'm looking at blowing up the Red Sox come the offseason due to payroll restrictions (plus I like the idea of some of those prospects wearing Sox uniforms).

I'm gonna look at trade J.D., Mookie, and any other realistic trade candidates.

Because I have Martinez's contract as the full length, he'll have 3 years, and about $60M remaining, which teams would be interested in him and what would they give up? I figured the story line would be that he opted in and was traded. He's still hitting very well, though I have struggled a bit with him hitting home runs, but he still has a mid-300 average.

Betts could go to anyone, but who is realistic? I had asked this a while back and we got some potential deals suggested, but it didn't seem realistic to everyone because not everyone thought he was trade-able, but given recent real life developments, it looks to have real traction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2019, 12:50 AM   #912
Rookie

YATSEN10R's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne510
IF* I wanted to trade Matt Chapman what teams would be going in hard for him and what would those trades look like?
After much fiddling (trade simulator is a pain to work on a phone), I think I found something doable.
A's: Drew Waters, Austin Riley, Jasseel de la Cruz, plus some cash
Braves: Matt Chapman
Alternatively it looks like said trade simulator considers Chapman for Pache/Riley to be almost perfectly even

Sent from my VS988 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »