Home

What team is everyone using for franchise?

This is a discussion on What team is everyone using for franchise? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2019, 01:13 AM   #33
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What team is everyone using for franchise?

Watching and following the Cubs every day makes me DQ them for the show every edition. So this year, I wanna try and rebuild the Tigers and win one for the late Mr. I!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -Earl Weaver
Old 03-26-2019, 11:17 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Team Control all.. and play various teams and games
Old 03-26-2019, 12:55 PM   #35
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Sticking with 18 right now until they sort out the 19 bugs, and then carry it over, but started up a Jays franchise with a good roster last week. Traded Stroman and Giles to the Pads for prospects, moved Pillar somewhere for a so/so prospect (I can't remember where and I'm not around my PS right now) Edit: It was the Giants.

Depending on how the season goes, my plan is to build around the kids, build up some trade value with Bucholz/Sanchez (though Sanchez has had a rough start), and possibly flip some relievers for prospects closer to the deadline (though I'm currently 44-31 and in the thick of the AL East race right now, so if we hold on I may add some so/so relievers.)

Current team is very young, and has Vlad, Alford, Jansen, Reid-Foley, Borucki, Elvis (playing him in low leverage situations), Tellez, Gurriel Jr (Ripped it up early but is now out for 6+ months), and Mayza, and I'm hoping for Bichette to have a strong first half in AAA so that I can call him up after the allstar break.

Fingers crossed that 19 gets tidied up quickly!

Last edited by kinsmen7; 03-26-2019 at 03:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2019, 01:43 PM   #36
Rookie

FL4GR4N7's Arena

Starting an Atlanta Braves franchise and trying to get them back to the glory days. Just playing a few games in exhibition right now, I haven't started the Franchise yet. Messing around with the sliders at the moment and trying to get the best experience before I jump in.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:10 PM   #37
Rookie

Deciding between a few...

DBacks: Post Goldy, might rebuild heavy, might try and add a bit and compete for the wild card and hope I get lucky early. Some solid pieces still to build on

Nationals: Post Bryce, still solid squad, some may say just as good without him, but lack some star bats after Soto. Added Corbin, aging Max, might be a one last run, or sell of max and retool a bit

Rangers: Rebuild, nothing stands out, would be a challenge.

Twins: Retooled this past offseason, interesting players, might compete for a WC, tough one to gauge if they're youth figures it out ever or not

Angels: Didn't add much, have the best player in the league to build on, as well as nice in prime shortstop and Ohtani. Not much pitching, tough one to decide what direction to go.

Giants: Rebuilding team, not much youth at all, few valuable assets. Similar to Rangers, challenging

right now, the Dbacks and the Nats are in the lead, but hard time deciding which one to go with.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:59 PM   #38
Banned

TheGr8Drake28's Arena

Definitely the Blue Jays. Will be a lot more fun this year with all the young guys on the roster and their deep prospect pool to work from.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »