Home

Are we nearing the end of MLB The Show?

This is a discussion on Are we nearing the end of MLB The Show? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #1
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0
Are we nearing the end of MLB The Show?

Im just on here looking to see what people's opinions are-

I myself bought a Playstation for MLB The Show and for no other game. But for me the game the past few years has become stale.
Im a Franchise only player and now with No Online Franchise, Still No Create A Stadium or Relocation and Ridin Rosters not coming out til mid Summer I dont know if this game is a must have anymore!

Just curious to hear some feedback!
Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2019, 12:53 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Are we nearing the end of MLB The Show?

It's still a must have for me personally. The carryover save feature allows me to stay engrossed in my virtual franchise without having to start over, and be able to enjoy that franchise with the upgrades to gameplay, presentation, and franchise with each new installment.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-15-2019, 12:53 PM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

No.

10 characters.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #4
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Maybe you’re nearing the end of playing the game, but the title itself is nowhere near in trouble. Just because it doesn’t feature modes or settings that interest you or I doesn’t mean the game will cease to exist.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
I myself bought a Playstation for MLB The Show and for no other game. But for me the game the past few years has become stale.
Im a Franchise only player and now with No Online Franchise, Still No Create A Stadium or Relocation and Ridin Rosters not coming out til mid Summer I dont know if this game is a must have anymore!
In the exact same boat. Might cash in some Amazon credit to get the game at some point, but it's no longer worthy of spending my own money on until franchise gets overhauled. Doesn't mean the game is nearing the end, of course, but for my preferences, I'm nearing the point of letting go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2019, 01:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Nicholasht571998's Arena

Lmao not at all.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:10 PM   #7
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

I do see trouble ahead for sports games that have gambled too heavily on their UT/DD modes, but the Show has done probably enough with it's actual gameplay so far that they should be able to steer away from the crash when it happens by investing in other modes, using the solid gameplay they've developed.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
Im just on here looking to see what people's opinions are-

Just curious to hear some feedback!
Cheers!
Bought both a PS4 and a PS4 Pro primarily for The Show. I'm kind of shocked how quickly I fell out of love with the series these past couple years. We seem to have reached a tipping point where even the developers are aware of long time fans' frustration and hopefully that leads to a shift in focus next year. I don't want to have to wait until the first PS5 release to get excited about this game again.

But yeah, like others said the game isn't dying just because the target demographic has seemingly changed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »