Home

MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2019, 07:38 AM   #1225
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyyt988
I posted this in the impressions thread but thought I’d share here too.

I finally saw a triple play! Too bad it was against me haha.

https://youtu.be/rz9KCPnVUXM

This was from my 2020 jays franchise. Bottom of 9th, 2 on, no outs. I hit a bullet to Jose Altuve, who started the triple play. Correa could have just tagged Guerrero but still, pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That's awesome, I have yet to see a triple play in 19. I had an opportunity where I probably could of turned one myself but out of habit I just threw the ball to 2nd to start a double play rather than first stepping on 3rd base.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2019, 09:05 AM   #1226
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

No long term deal for Jack Flaherty this winter

The Cardinals have backed off the plan of signing Jack Flaherty to a long term deal this offseason. Instead they will offer a contract to buyout his final years of arbitration by offering him a 2 year deal worth $18MM. Flaherty made $6.5MM last year and posted a 13-7 record with a 4.24 ERA. The Cardinals will offer arbitration if Flaherty doesn't agree to the contract prior to November 23rd.

The plan this offseason was to sign both Albies and Flaherty to long term deals, but neither went according to plan. The Cardinals did sign Albies to a 5 year deal that will make him a free agent again at the age of 30. Albies refused to sign longer for the money the Cardinals were offering and the Cardinals refused to up the ante to get a long term deal done. Instead, both settled on a happy medium where neither side is at an extreme risk financially.

The Cardinals will now use that "extra" money they saved on signing Flaherty and look to bolster their roster via the free agent market, which isn't overly impressive this year, but has some extremely solid pieces that could help this roster.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-26-2019, 10:38 AM   #1227
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals looking to improve their bullpen

Now that the Cardinals have settled their primary focus of signing Albies and Flaherty, they will now turn their attention to what they believe is their biggest need this offseason and that is improved depth in their bullpen. They already know they have to replace Tyler Lyons who retired at season's end, and they don't believe that will come from within the organization now. Right now the Cardinals projected bullpen for 2023 would be:

Zack Burdi
Jordan Hicks
Dean Kiekhefer
Corey Littrell
Roberto Osuna (set up)
Trevor Rosenthal (closer)

That leaves one vacant spot and the Cardinals aren't completely sold on having Littrell start the year in St.Louis. He was promoted quickly from AA to AAA to St.Louis and the Cardinals think the best option for him might be start the year at Memphis and progress from there. He had good numbers on paper in his short time in St.Louis last year (2.89 ERA in 24 appearances), but you have to keep in mind his usage was limited to primarily left handed hitters only. He actually only pitched a total of 11 1/3 innings in those 24 apperances and his WHIP was 1.24 which is high in limited duties.

The Cardinals also are skeptical about Zach Burdi and his inconsistent output last season. One game Burdi would be lights out and the next he couldn't get anyone out if his life depended on it. Burdi is out of options so sending him back to Memphis to work out the kinks could be a problem which has put the idea in place that Burdi could be traded this offseason so they don't lose him for nothing.

The Cardinals have a few options in the minors, but none of considered on the cusp of being ready for the majors. Primarily Ryan Sheriff, Caleb Frare, and Harvey Hoyt.

This leads to the idea of the Cardinals searching free agency for help. And they have two targets they are looking at..Andrew Miller (whom the Cards traded to Toronto last year at the deadline) and Cody Allen who opted to test free agency instead of re-signing with the Marlins. Whether the Cardinals formally offer or are just checking, remains to be seen.

But the Cardinals are fully committed to fixing their bullpen woes by adding more arms that are major league ready and letting the younger arms develop at a more natural pace.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-26-2019, 02:43 PM   #1228
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just had one crazy offensive outburst in my Giants franchise. Kevin Pillar hit 4 Homeruns in a game without any wind in Pittsburgh. He just couldn’t miss and collected 7 RBI’s in a game which saw a total of 7 bombs from my team. By far the best performance I have seen by a player controlled by me. He also walked 2 times.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Operation Sports
Old 06-26-2019, 09:18 PM   #1229
Rookie

2019 Texas Rangers Fantasy Franchise

Aug 17: After taking 2 of 3 from TB to start the Homestand, the Oakland A’s came to town and took the first two games of the series from us. After whooping us 10-5 the first game, they came back and ended up beating us in 11 innings in game 2. With 12 games left and a very tight race for the West, game 3 of the series seemed very much like a MUST WIN game. Mike Trout must have felt the same as he stepped up with a monster game! He went 3 for 5 with 3 HR and 8 RBI! The game was a slugfest, featuring 10 total HR combined as part of a 15-10 Rangers victory with 32 total hits in the game!

We are now 93-58(MLB best) with 11 to play. LAA(90-60) is in 2nd place(2.5 GB) and OAK(90-61) is in 3rd(3.0 GB). We still play OAK in a 3 game series in their stadium. We are done playing LAA in the reg season.

Side note: in that last game vs OAK, Joc Pederson hit his 60th HR of the year and it was a BOMB, 473 feet to RF. Despite that feat , Mike Trout has catapulted himself into the top position in the MVP race after his big finish to the series. His power surge of late has brought his HR total up to 49 and he’s at or near the top of the league in almost every offensive category including his WAR of 11.1(next best in the league is 8.3 by Goldschmidt). Oh and btw Trout currently has a 37 game hit streak, by far our longest of the year!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-26-2019, 10:45 PM   #1230
Rookie

CHIBHAWKSRULE's Arena

2023 White Sox Franchise

Had biggest offensive onslaught I have had in quite awhile in game #50 in the 2023 regular season with a 19-2 win over the Astros.

Sox were led by a huge game by SS Luis Urias, who now leads the AL in average at .352, after going 5-6 with 2 Grand Slams, a double and 11 RBI's, nearly doubling his RBI's for the season. Sox also had 5 hit games from LF Richie Cortez, (5-6, 3 2B, 2 RBI) and 3B Jeremy Ramirez, (5-5, 2 2B, BB, 3 RBI). Jose Abreu also added a 3 run homer, his 9th on the season.

With that I had thoughts at maybe I should raise difficulty but there has been games where I have struggled so I will leave it to it's baseball and you get these games every once in awhile.

We did suffer an injury in the game when starter Carlos Rodon came out with a sore shoulder in the 6th inning. Team doctors reported it was just a strain after examination after the game and will likely miss only 1 start.

Peter Sierra will make his first career start in Rodon's place. Sierra has made 9 relief appearances this season going 3-1 with a 1.86 ERA, 14 K's in 29 IP.

Last edited by CHIBHAWKSRULE; 06-26-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:38 AM   #1231
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

2 games into a series with the Red Sox, and pretty much everything that can go wrong has. Early in the 1st game, EE would attempt and make a diving play at 1B but would end up with a separated shoulder, out 1-2 months. To add a lot more sting to that one, Boston would go on to walk it off in the bottom of the 9th on a sac fly to the warning track to win 7-6.

In game 2, Sale Vs Paxton, the Red Sox would walk it off for a second straight day after a game tying solo HR off the bat of Voit in the top of the 9th. This time it would be a towering floating fly ball from Chavis with 2 outs that didn’t have quite enough on it to make it over the Monster but that just didn’t seem to want to ever come back down. The ball hung up so long it allowed Betts to race all the way from 1st to home to win it without even a play at the plate. Red Sox win 4-3.

In order to force a split we must take the last 2. Next up, a duel between Bumgarner and David Price. This will be Bumgarner’s first start against the Sox as a Yankee. In game 4 it’s Keuchel vs Porcello.

Other News:

Orioles Release Chris Davis

Orioles Release Andrew Cashner

Yankees Montgomery Remains On IL, Still Day To Day

Didi Returns From IL For Second Half Of Yankees-Red Sox Series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2019, 03:24 PM   #1232
Rookie

CHIBHAWKSRULE's Arena

2023 White Sox Franchise - End of May

White Sox end May with a 40-17 record extending division lead to 9 games.

White Sox made some roster moves in May sending struggling Closer Nate Jones to Charlotte and called up RP Adam Cimber. Tony Zych has taken over as closer for the time being. They also sent down IF Rob Refsnyder and called up Utilityman Hayden McClendon.

Sox are reportedly close to calling up Closer prospect Patrick McKenzie who would be put in a middle relief spot to get experience before he would get the closer spot once the call is made. McKenzie started off slow in AAA but has rebounded but the team still would like to wait a couple more weeks before the call.

Team rankings
Batting Avg - 1st MLB with a .292
Runs - 4th MLB with 273
Homers - T-19th with 57

ERA - 1st MLB with a 2.80
Runs allowed - 2nd MLB with 177
Homers allowed - T-7th MLB with 54
Strikeouts - 29th MLB with 386

Draft Picks

1. 2B Alfonso Peralta 20 Yr old 53 OVR 70 POT
2. SP Garrett Klaszewski 22 Yr old 64 OVR 73 POT
3. RP Ramon Valenzuela 18 YR old 54 OVR 73 POT