Home

MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2019, 08:39 AM   #417
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread

Cardinals outright release Mike Leake

Just one day after designating him for assignment, the Cardinals have outright released SP Mike Leake. Leake was 0-4 thru 4 starts this year with a 10+ ERA and a 2+ WHIP. He hadn't pitched past the 5th inning in any start this year.

Leake was re-signed in the offseason after going 13-5 last year with a 3.18 ERA. The Cardinals were hoping he would be a solid/reliable arm in the rotation, but that didn't happen.

The Cardinals looked at the trade market for Leake, but there was nothing there of significance. Leake will now be free to choose to a team to sign with, should he receive any offers.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-19-2019, 09:10 AM   #418
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Cardinals outright release Mike Leake

Just one day after designating him for assignment, the Cardinals have outright released SP Mike Leake. Leake was 0-4 thru 4 starts this year with a 10+ ERA and a 2+ WHIP. He hadn't pitched past the 5th inning in any start this year.

Leake was re-signed in the offseason after going 13-5 last year with a 3.18 ERA. The Cardinals were hoping he would be a solid/reliable arm in the rotation, but that didn't happen.

The Cardinals looked at the trade market for Leake, but there was nothing there of significance. Leake will now be free to choose to a team to sign with, should he receive any offers.
Whoof! A quick cut, but it looks like his arm fell off!
Old 04-19-2019, 09:18 AM   #419
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
Whoof! A quick cut, but it looks like his arm fell off!
Yeah he struggled in Spring Training as well, but I held on hoping he could find his form from last year, but it never happened.

Trade market was weak so I just let him go. Hopefully he gets picked up so I don't have to pay $2.2M to him.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-19-2019, 09:42 AM   #420
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

My 2025 Cubs avoided an opening series sweep at the hand of the Brewers by putting together a 4 run 9th inning and winning the game 6-5. We trailed the entire game after giving up 3 in the first.

We now sit at 1-3 in 2025 after dropping a 4-3 decision to Cincy in extra innings. Kris Bryant is currently 1 for 17 on the young season with 6 k's. I'm ready for the statistical correction for Kris. Someone is gonna pay and Kris will have a ridiculous 10 for 15 series to get to his career norms
Old 04-19-2019, 09:53 AM   #421
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

There are some positives despite the 1-3 slow start. Rolando Higgins (Basically my Kenny Lofton/Vince Coleman clone) has had a bounce back start after struggling to the tune of .a 254/.347/.274 slash in 2024. He did have 80 steals despite the struggles at the plate. From 2019-2023, he was my sparkplug lead off guy that usually hit over .300 and was on base over .400. He has also led the league in steals each year and had an incredible 125 steal season in 2020. It got so bad in 2024 that I had to take him out vs Lefties and bat him 9th. Currently his is hitting .500 after 4 games and already has 5 steals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2019, 10:21 AM   #422
Rookie

ECUoak's Arena

MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread

With the resigning period opening I went a little crazy. The Dodgers need to keep the rotation together as long as possible while they are young so I made this a priority. I feel I did this relatively cheaply, keeping myself under the luxury tax which is what I’m using as my yearly threshold. Ozuna was resigned with the intent that he’ll start 2020 on the MLB roster with the Dodgers not planning on resigning Lowe who was acquired via trade. Outside of pitchers, my minor system is deep enough where I can fill any position players lost over the next few years.

SS Gregory Ozuna 2yr/ 3.86 mil
SP Rich Hill 2yr/ 11.72 mil
RP Joe Smith 2yr/ 7.86 mil
RP Dan Otero 4yr/ 9.22 mil
RP Dylan Floro 5yr/ 13.53 mil
SP Ross Stripling 5yr/ 22.64 mil
SP Julio Urias 2 yr/ 6.68 mil
SP Colton Stern 2yr/ 6.07 mil

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by ECUoak; 04-19-2019 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:45 AM   #423
Rookie

ECUoak's Arena

I forgot to add that the 2 highest contracts, Kershaw and Turner, expire at end of 2020 and I do not plan on bringing back either player. My hope is to trade them in the offseason after this years “hopefully” World Series run.

Old 04-19-2019, 12:35 PM   #424
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUoak
I forgot to add that the 2 highest contracts, Kershaw and Turner, expire at end of 2020 and I do not plan on bringing back either player. My hope is to trade them in the offseason after this years “hopefully” World Series run.

What type of budget number do you have? I was actually surprised that in my carryover they gave me a 225+ Million budget at my last GM contract. That's by far the largest budget I've had in my 12 seasons and really is gonna allow me to spend freely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »