Home

MLB The Show 19 - My impressions

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 - My impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 12:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

After playing for more than 10 hours, my impressions are:

-The game is really well balanced (contact hitters can do damage now)
-Hit balls don't go always straight to outfielders like in the past (the variety of hits this year is AMAZING)
-Hitting feels more balanced (more hits and less HRs compared to the past): timing is crucial
-Hard to explain why but a lot of zone users will consider directional hitting this years (it feels rewarding like never before and provides great variety of hits and finally a perfect balance between timing and ratings)
-Fielding is the best part of the game (good fielders and bad ones now truly impact the game)
-Graphics are great and presentation too (with the new reporter)
-Day/night transitions are AMAZING (different colours in different areas and time of the year): in the past the game jump directly to night lighting
-I love the off the wall trajectory of the ball that finally takes away the unfair advantage the cpu had
-Audience is alive so are the players with their emotions

Played 10 games with 20 different teams to test (exibithion mode).

The only thing i expected to be different listening to devs was analog pitching (you can still go 35 strikes 5 balls and dominate on All Star). The difficulty levels are changed (high difficulty are smarter but fair even though not as fair as we like).

This is a year of refining. Do not expect anything like 13 or the year the introduced "Precision imput". There are no series changing feature this year.

I feel like years ago with precision imput zone hitting took a step forward (power too with perfectly squared ball translated into home runs), now i feel like other interfaces have made the same step forward with directional being more rewarding and contact hits and line drives being finally a factor and less random

GREAT GREAT JOB SDS!!! It will be a good year with MLBTS19!

Ps: i streamed the entire 10 hours period to show the game and interact with people (being out of the US, in Italy, can be great at times: we get the game early)

Personal message for SDS. Please do something for us in Europe. Formally we can only buy the digital copy of the game. Our gamestops, in many european countries, get the game in May if not June. Do something for give us the chance to buy a phisycal copy directly from our stores. The game on shelves can be great to promote the product and the sport of baseball. I don't know how it works but give us the chance to be part of the Beta program. The games deserves better visibility here than the almost non-existance it gets every year (gamestop stores even haven't it listed…)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2019, 03:37 AM   #2
Rookie

JasonIsGod's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 19 - My impressions

Great news, now I won't be able to sleep until I pick up my copy tomorrow!
Old 03-26-2019, 08:29 AM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Please use the impressions thread for your game impressions.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »