Home

Official MLB The Show 19 Fantasy Draft Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB The Show 19 Fantasy Draft Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2019, 06:46 AM   #1
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Official MLB The Show 19 Fantasy Draft Franchise Progress Thread

Another year......and fantasy draft’s are rolling. Talk about your fantasy draft franchises right here! Draft results, game stories etc etc.

Go!!!!!

The Matheny Manifesto Year 3 on MLB The Show 19!!

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2019, 08:33 AM   #2
Pro

J_smith2190's Arena

Re: Official MLB The Show 19 Fantasy Draft Franchise Progress Thread

Just a heads up. Due to the contracts being real now, you must be aware of it when you’re drafting. My team has a 232 million dollar payroll...no trades either lol

Phillies Fantasy Franchise - Opening Day

Last edited by J_smith2190; 03-26-2019 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:21 PM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_smith2190
Just a heads up. Due to the contracts being real now, you must be aware of it when you’re drafting. My team has a 232 million dollar payroll...no trades either lol

When I decide to do another draft......I will turn budgets off for it.
No doubt. Fantasy universe no holds barred.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-26-2019, 02:54 PM   #4
Pro

J_smith2190's Arena

Chicago Cubs Fantasy Franchise - 2019

The Show returns, as does the fantasy franchise madness!! I must say, I am super impressed with the presentation immersion wise, but to the more important stuff - like my Cubs franchise!

Draft

For staters, I wound up with the 7th overall pick, and took my Ace - Aaron Nola. After that, things just fell into place, as I was able to secure Whit Merrifield, Anthony Rizzo, and Josh Donaldson with my next three picks. Overall, this team was drafted to "win-now", with a payroll of 232 Million. Unsurprisingly the payroll projects to drop down to around 110 Million in the offseason, thanks to a glut of expiring contracts. Heres a look at the depth chart for the Cubs:

Chicago Cubs - Fantasy Franchise - Opening Day - Depth Chart - 2019
  • Catcher
  • Austin Romine (R)
  • Chris Ianetta (R)
  • First Base
  • Anthony Rizzo (L)
  • John Hicks (R)
  • Second Base
  • Whit Merrifield (R)
  • Third Base
  • Josh Donaldson (R)
  • Brandon Drury (R)
  • Shortstop
  • Tim Anderson (R)
  • Left Field
  • Justin Upton (R)
  • Drew Robinson (L)
  • Center Field
  • Mike Gerber (L)
  • Ian Desmond (R)
  • Right Field
  • Max Kepler (L)
  • Starting Pitcher
  • Aaron Nola (R)
  • Chris Archer (R)
  • J.A. Happ (L)
  • Lance Lynn (R)
  • Alex Meyer (R)
  • Relief Pitcher
  • Matt Barnes (R)
  • Boone Logan (L)
  • Trevor Gott (R)
  • Sam Freeman (L)
  • Fernando Rodney (R)
  • Clay Bucholz (R)
  • Closer
  • David Robertson (R)

Lineup
2B Merrifield (R)
CF Gerber (L) / CF Desmond (R) [Platoon v Lefties]
3B Donaldson (R)
1B Rizzo (L)
LF Justin Upton (R)
RF Kepler (L) / 3B Drury (R) [Platoon v Lefties]
C Austin Romine (R) / C Ianetta (R) [Platoon v Lefties]
SS Anderson (R)

Top Prospects

#1: SP Michael Hillman (R) 21/70/B Pot - Assigned to Triple A: Hillman is a 21 Year old right hander from New Jersey. The 6'4'' Right hander boasts a 5-pitch arsenal that includes a fast ball that reaches 96 MPH and a slow curve. Hillman projects as a #2-3 starter in the future, but may become an ace if he can harness his control problems. (ETA 2020)

#2: SS Scott Kingery (R) 24/67/A Pot - Assigned to Triple A

#3: C Carson Kelly (R) 24/65/B Pot - Assigned to Double A

#4: SP Chance Adams (R) 24/64/A Pot - Assigned to Double A

#5: SP Corey Oswalt (R) 25/66/B Pot - Assigned to Double A

#6: 3B Chris Mills (R) 21/61/B Pot - Assigned to Double A: Mills is a couple of years off, but has 3rd baseman of the future written all over him. Mills grades out especially well with his power stroke and his arm strength. Look for mills to focus on contact and his fielding as he attempts to fight his way to the show. (ETA 2021)

#7: RF Austin Slater (R) 26/63/B Pot - Assigned to Double A.

#8: 2B Homer Munson (R) 26/72/D Pot - Assigned to Triple A: Munson has been somewhat of a late bloomer, but his all around skill set has dependability written all over it. Stardom is not in his future, as he profiles more of an infield depth piece. An injury to the infield may force the Cubs to call him up this year. (ETA 2019)

#9: 1B David Jackson (L) 21/69/D Pot- Assigned to Triple A: It is widely regarded that Jackson's bat already profiles above average against right handed hitters. Jackson will have to learn how to hit lefties at a more reliable clip, and improve his glove work before he gets a true crack at the show. (ETA 2022)

#10: RP Forest Conway (L) 22/70/D Pot - Assigned to Triple A: The lanky lefty from Maine, Conway has a solid 4 pitch arsenal (4S, Cut, Change, Slider). Conway may see the majors this season, thanks to his 4 year stint in college. (ETA 2019).

** I have another 10 on a personal list I wrote as I did my draft. If its wanted, I will update in my next post my full top 20, with "profiles" for the computer generated guys no one knows anything about lol**

Opening Series

The Cubs took on the Rangers in the first three games of a nine game road-trip to start the season. The results were as good as one could hope for, as the Cubbies came away with the sweep in Arlington. Overall, the Cubs pitching staff was fantastic only allowing 2 runs total over the course of the three games. Aaron Nola set the tone on opening day, striking out 17 over 8 innings, before Manny Machado busted up his shutout with a long HR to left field. The Cubs would prevail though, needing only 1 extra inning to send the Rangers home with a losing record to open the year (4-1 Victory). Chris Archer followed Nola's day with a CG Shutout, striking out 12 in a 1-0 victory. Not to be outdone, JA Happ struckout 9 over 6 innings, leading the Cubs to the series sweep (3-1 Victory).

Next Up

A three game series in Atlanta broken up by an early day off. Heres the pitching matchups for the series:

Game 1: Lance Lynn (R) vs Antonio Senzatela (R)
Game 2: Alex Meyer (R) vs Marco Estrada (R)
Game 3: Aaron Nola (R) 0-0 1.13 vs Michael Fulmer (R) 1-0 0.00

The braves boast one of the most dangerous lineups in the senior circuit, with Freddie Freeman, Kris Bryant, and Brian Dozier filling the 3-5 holes. Their outfield is young, but full of potential with Byron Buxton, Willie Calhoun and DJ Stewart roaming the grass.

**Honestly loving this franchise, complete drafted team no trades, kinda fun with the random prospects I have no idea anything about. Hopefully gonna be able to get into and stay into this like a couple years ago and put out some fairly regular updates for everyone**

Old 03-26-2019, 04:07 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

Fantasy draft still follow the same beat as last year, with top prospects going real early, and all relievers going in the 9th?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2019, 08:06 PM   #6
Pro

J_smith2190's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Fantasy draft still follow the same beat as last year, with top prospects going real early, and all relievers going in the 9th?
For the most part yeah, but honestly I didn’t notice with the prospects since most of them were just cpu generated guys anyway.

Still a run on relievers in the 9th (but there’s plenty left if you chose not to join)

You can get a good closer in the 5th round

Contracts seem to play a role more now where players get drafted

Old 03-27-2019, 01:13 AM   #7
Rookie

Going to start my fantasy draft tomorrow after I get off work. Who is everyone's must have player? I'm thinking about doing a fantasy draft built around a young core up the middle (c,2b,ss,cf) and 1 young star in rotation and bullpen and then putting veterans around that young core. Thinking about getting Javier Baez as my "superstar " player. Since hes well rounded and can do everything on both sides of the ball and play multiple positions.

I'll let everyone know how it turns out, I noticed CPU teams still only have 10 position players smh so I'm going to do a 30man draft but only draft first 40 rounds and sim rest. Wish me luck!!!
Old 03-28-2019, 04:40 AM   #8
Rookie

Just finished my 30 team control(still has the position player bug)rounds 1-40(all CP made into RP). What I did so I didn't cheat for my team by getting all the good players is I did a 1 team control draft and drafted first 40 rounds only for my team and i had to get those same players in the 30man team control fantasy draft.

Really excited how it turned out not only for my team but the other teams. My Seattle Mariners had the 18th pick in the draft and I decided to go young up the middle and surrounded them with vets.My first 2 rounds I choose Javier Baez and Walker Buehler. So i was off to a very good start with players that would be around for years. I drafted all my young players first before CPU could snag up all the good ones and then I went back and got the older vets the CPU was skipping over. So my projected 25 man roster will look something like this...

SP Walker Buehler
SP Robbie Ray
SP Garrett Richards
SP Nathan Eovaldi
SP Felix Hernandez
SP Derek Holland
CP Edwin Diaz
SU Lou Trivino
SU Justin Anderson
MR Tanner Scott
MR Michael Lorenzen
MR Amir Garrett

C Gary Sanchez
1B Eric Hosmer
2B Gleybar Torres
3B Kyle Seager
SS Javier Baez
LF Tyler O'Neill
CF A.J. Pollock
RF Jason Heyward
DH Max Muncy

C Roberto Perez
3B Eduardo Nunez
CF Scott Schebler
RF Adam Jones

I tried to make a pretty balanced lineup Lefty/Right wise and think I got a good mix of power, contact and some speedthat could play average to above average defense. I wish I could have gotten some more speed for my bench. As for my starters/bullpen there wasn't much in the way of lefties to choose from but from the right side I feel like I am stacked with hard throwers all throwing in upper 90s.

I was surprised CPU was leaving some of these players, I think maybe because there are real contracts now? Also they really downgraded some of these players potentials. Like for example Hosmer and Heyward were both A potential last year but this year they are both C potential players with huge contracts. But they fit my team well so I drafted them.

Top Ten Prospects(CPU Drafted 6 of them when I simmed after the 40th round)

CF VICTOR ROBLES (I drafted)
SP MICHAEL KOPECH (I drafted)
SP JUSTUS SHEFFIELD (I drafted)
C FRANCISCO MEJIA (I drafted)
LF CLINT FRAZIER
3B YANDY DIAZ
1B DAN VOGELBACH
SP DOMINGO GERMAN
And then a couple fake players.

Well I'm excited to get Spring Training going and see who breaks camp with the new look Seattle Mariners.

Let me know what you think of my projected 25 man roster and maybe what you would do differently

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »