Home

Well March to October is pretty much useless for me

This is a discussion on Well March to October is pretty much useless for me within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2019, 12:00 PM   #1
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Well March to October is pretty much useless for me

Let me preface this by saying I am not bashing this mode. My problem is that as I get older, the first things I have to do is turn the pitch speed down. My reaction time just isn't what it used to be. Now on March to October you can select difficulty, but you cannot change the pitch speed. The problem I am having is that I am too good for veteran and rookie, but can't handle the pitch speed on all star without sliders. I get that it's a reward based mode and that is problematic, but it would be nice to have the ability to negelect the awards in favor of adjusting sliders so I can at least enjoy the mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2019, 12:29 PM   #2
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Well March to October is pretty much useless for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Let me preface this by saying I am not bashing this mode. My problem is that as I get older, the first things I have to do is turn the pitch speed down. My reaction time just isn't what it used to be. Now on March to October you can select difficulty, but you cannot change the pitch speed. The problem I am having is that I am too good for veteran and rookie, but can't handle the pitch speed on all star without sliders. I get that it's a reward based mode and that is problematic, but it would be nice to have the ability to negelect the awards in favor of adjusting sliders so I can at least enjoy the mode.

Can you use Dynamic Difficulty?

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:40 PM   #3
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Can you use Dynamic Difficulty?
Unfortunately not. Standard difficulties only rookie, vet, all star, HOF, and legend. Pitch speeds are extremely fast when you start getting up to all star and above. I may counter this by turning on guess pitch and only swing when I know what's coming. Because right now on all star with default speed I am late on everything lol
Old 03-26-2019, 01:24 PM   #4
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

They should have just made options with a warning that if you changed certain things you would not get the DD rewards. Not being able to edit jersey numbers, equipment, stances, call up minor leaguers, and generally having this mode being so restrictive because of DD (a totally unrelated mode!) is very disappointing, but that's the way they are going with this game. Shift everything they can towards DD.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:45 PM   #5
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
They should have just made options with a warning that if you changed certain things you would not get the DD rewards. Not being able to edit jersey numbers, equipment, stances, call up minor leaguers, and generally having this mode being so restrictive because of DD (a totally unrelated mode!) is very disappointing, but that's the way they are going with this game. Shift everything they can towards DD.
Agreed. Another mode I just won't touch now. Wanted to give it a try but not being able to adjust anything is very limiting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2019, 02:08 PM   #6
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

I also couldn’t care less about rewards or DD and find the mode to be a waste because of what you’re mentioning. I need to adjust sliders to enjoy a realistic sim experience. Also, the Jung Ho Kang isn’t even in the game, somehow. He finished the season in the majors and is the Pirates opening day third basemen, and I can’t use him or Polanco on my team because of the rosters being locked for rewards.

This mode was simply for DD grinders and nobody else. All of the time they spent on it was to try and bridge a gap between DD and franchise users, but actual franchise users will likely get very little to nothing as a result of their actions.

I also tried 3 of the Moments and found that to be uncomfortably awful. Just forced and unrealistic with no immersion whatsoever. The stadiums, rosters, uniforms and just about everything else you can name are so off or wrong with these historic baseball moments that it hurts my actual memories of recalling how they really happened.

All of this was just tossed together in the name of something to do for DD grinders and people who just want a video game, imo.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:17 PM   #7
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Agreed. Another mode I just won't touch now. Wanted to give it a try but not being able to adjust anything is very limiting
I still don’t understand why they wasted time on this mode. I don’t buy the idea that it will push players towards trying franchise mode because it’s not franchise mode, it’s not even a season mode because so much of it is simulated and out of the users control. I believe they began with the best of intentions of adding something to franchise but wanted it to include some element of DD and when they realised that wouldn’t work or be popular branched off to create this. With rigid opening day rosters that won’t be updated, as soon as players get injured or traded it will quickly be out of date.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:18 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 2

I like the mode even without whatever rewards there are. It’s super fun and addicting all on its own. It could use some tweaking next year but overall it’s great!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »