Home

MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread

This is a discussion on MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 01:19 PM   #73
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread

I have a 4k TV set up with HDR on and playing on Balanced - framerate issue was there specifically with the dynamic fielding camera and infielders throwing to first base.

I'll prob try out faster tonight to see if it solves it, prob going to move off dynamic view too
Old 03-27-2019, 01:33 PM   #74
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

Another thing of note, I believe I use the Medium cameras for fielding, both when I'm batting and in the field. I'm going to do some more testing with all of this in a few hours. I'll report back.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:04 PM   #75
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread

Played at minute Maid Park for the first time last night just to see what the fuss was all about and I guess I can kinda see a very slight hitch on pitches being delivered when I’m hitting but it doesn’t affect my ability to hit what so ever, I don’t think I’d have noticed it if not from reading through this thread first, I use the show 15 camera while hitting and use the balanced picture quality on a Vizio P55-F1 TV

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2019, 02:56 PM   #76
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
Not to mention the horrible eye soar you get on any resolution with the foul lines being jiggle cut up lines.
I’m seeing a ton of this as well. They’re fine while the ball is in play, but then I see it mainly on the pre-pitch cameras, but also randomly other times such as the pre-game views. Here are a few screenies I took, note the foul lines:

https://i.imgur.com/WluulED.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iV1MEUe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mnOc1t4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mMtDniw.jpg

(wouldn’t let me embed them for some reason)

I went back and tested 18 and couldn’t reproduce to this degree.

Last edited by jeffy777; 03-27-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:58 PM   #77
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateDuke32
That sounds like what I'm experiencing at some parks, but using Fast mode. I'm in the batter's box, the pitcher starts his motion, and everything is fine. He delivers the pitch, and maybe halfway (?) to the plate, the ball skips/stutters. It throws your timing way off, making hitting feel un-natural and it just looks very weird. I haven't had this happen to me at every park, just the ones I noted with poor frame rate (Minute Maid, Yankee Stadium, Coors).
I just did a game @ Nationals, and it was happening, but only for the first 2 innings. Once the sun went down everything was fine.

Might be a lighting engine or shadows issue.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-27-2019, 06:36 PM   #78
Rookie

Just made some batting practice ... I wish it would be so smooth when you play a game with crowd

Mlb the show 19 would make so much fun
Old 03-27-2019, 07:17 PM   #79
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

Haha this is going to be such a dumb thing to say/ask but... I'm not a big techy guy or anything so I don't quite understand what framerate is and what to look for to know if it's good or bad.. Can someone explain to me like I'm five what to look for regarding framerate? I've played 4 games on HOF and won all of them and haven't noticed any obvious issues with seeing the ball or anything
Old 03-27-2019, 07:36 PM   #80
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMan17
Haha this is going to be such a dumb thing to say/ask but... I'm not a big techy guy or anything so I don't quite understand what framerate is and what to look for to know if it's good or bad.. Can someone explain to me like I'm five what to look for regarding framerate? I've played 4 games on HOF and won all of them and haven't noticed any obvious issues with seeing the ball or anything
Framerate is the ratio of how many new frames are displayed on screen per second of lapsed time.

In motion, there is a clear difference between 60 FPS and something that comes at less than such. For games, more frames is generally preferred.

Films traditionally play around 24 frames per second (24000/1001 to be exact, so closer to 23.976 FPS), many television shows would be 30 frames per second, and games on console would often do their thing to target a locked 30 FPS or 60 FPS.

From what I understand, MLB The Show 18 with a PS4 Pro and the Faster option enabled could maintain 60 FPS in normal gameplay flow. In MLB THe Show 19, it sounds like there are moments where the game doesn't maintain a locked 60 FPS the entire time. They can become almost more glaring or jarring because it's inconsistent, so you really see when they appear. I don't know if people are actually experiencing slowdown or if it's just choppier, but it's likely a result of too many things going on at once (too much to render on screen, too many calculations in the background, etc.).

In terms of noticeability, I'll put it this way: Have you ever seen Family Guy on TBS? Have you noticed that to get another commercial or so in, that they speed up a few parts of the opening theme song and other musical parts? They do this for other movies on TV as well, but FG is a perfect example. See, if the whole song was 5% faster, you might not notice it. But when it dips in and out from normal speed to 5% faster and back to normal again over and over, it really catches your ears and can be a nuisance.

Anyway, I don't know exactly what it is you need to be looking for till I get the game myself. All I'm trying to do is educate you on the matter. A fair warning, though... ignorance is bliss, my man. Many people believe that people who can sense more things in video and audio are blessed to get the most out of the best things there are to offer, when we are in fact cursed with all of the non-best things out there aplenty. Once you see it, you can't unsee it... and you'll only have me to blame, lol.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »