Home

MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread

This is a discussion on MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 08:51 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaystar8083
It's just so weird..... Not sure what has changed from 18 to 19 in terms of graphical input to make it less smooth. Then again, I know nothing on the subject matter but am just curious.

On the fence now about a purchase. Was 18 a good game? What issues were or are present? I’ve been playing 2015 up until now.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-27-2019, 08:55 AM   #50
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
It's just so weird..... Not sure what has changed from 18 to 19 in terms of graphical input to make it less smooth. Then again, I know nothing on the subject matter but am just curious.
I'm in the same boat. Had a terrible experience with the frame rate in '16, and the game ran fine for me with the '17 and '18 iterations. '19...not so much. Pretty frustrating. And I'm liking the feel of the game too. The choppiness in some parks just really sucks though.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:57 AM   #51
Rookie

I do noticed some slowdowns in PS4 Pro even in Faster. Bummer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2019, 08:58 AM   #52
Rookie

I'm loving the feel of the game that's what sucks. Lol. Definitely more polished but like you said the choppiness really turns me off. Try not to pay attention to it but its unavoidable.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:00 AM   #53
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm hesitant to immediately purchase this game now because of the framerate concerns. A locked 60 FPS is huge for me. Stutters or choppiness likely wouldn't cut it in my book, but I'll gladly wait until the right patches resolve it.

What have been the variables so far that affect framerate? Think among stadium, camera, time of day, weather, etc.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-27-2019, 09:02 AM   #54
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoezz
Have only played March to October so far, but haven't noticed any stuttering yet in 3 games with a couple different parks.

PS4 Pro (CUH 7215B), Balanced Mode, HDR, LG B7, plugged straight into TV (no receiver), Physical copy of game, offline play (March to October). Not sure if any of these things contribute, but if some people want to start finding the trend with people who are having issues maybe it'll help.
I'm playing on a PS4 Pro, on a 55-inch Sony X930E (a beast of a TV!), playing a digital version of the game, downloaded on my stock 1TB hard drive. I play using HDR and in Fast mode.

I've only tried exhibition games so far. The frame rate is definitely better in some parks than others. Off the top of my head, it was pretty smooth at Guaranteed Rate Field, Miller Park, the Trop, and Marlins Park. Granted, I'm still seeing some hiccups in those parks, but nothing I can't deal with. Playing at Minute Maid, Coors, Yankees stadium...the frame rate is a nightmare for me. Specifically when batting and I'm about to swing, there's a huge drop in the frame rate. Also on balls in play, mostly on fly balls to the outfield.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:12 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
I believe they tried to patch it one year. I cant remember the year nor if it actually made a difference but they def tried. Just spoiled on how good it was last year.

Was last year really good? I rented it day one and was unimpressed but things I read now say it was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2019, 09:23 AM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
To be fair that is not true!!!! The graphiques are a lot better this year i noticed it when I testing 18 Yesterday again. Maybe it isn't such a step forward because it's the same graphique style but much more details now...

But this can't be an excuse to bring out a game which has so much framerate issues that it is not playable for me at the moment... Okay in some parks it is better but one baserunner change this... Two baserunner kill it
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »