Home

HDR on or Off?

This is a discussion on HDR on or Off? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2019, 09:06 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: HDR on or Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
It was me...glad it helped!

It does seem to vary from ballpark to ballpark, so hopefully you continue to see good results.
This did not make a difference for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2019, 09:33 AM   #106
MVP

I have the Q8FN Full Array Local Dimming Samsung QLED and it is one of the best HDR tvs around.

But my Asus 4k Gsycn HDR 144hz monitor with peak brightness that can reach 1200 nits blows my QLED out the water in HDR

The monitor is about 2K dollars though but so worth it for PC and console gaming
Old 04-05-2019, 09:48 AM   #107
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner690
This did not make a difference for me.

Yeah I feel ya, because it does help in some ballparks for me, but it’s really something only SDS can fix as it’s still a problem in several stadiums.

However, we do have a whole thread for framerate issues, so let’s not derail this one.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:33 AM   #108
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

On a slightly related note I'm struggling trying to get the search function to work on OS. I'm an experienced IT professional so it's not 'techno-phobia'.

I'm searching for threads with 'HDR' in the title and get no results back. The way I found this thread was to google 'hdr setting for mlb the show 19 4k'.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Old 06-04-2019, 06:29 PM   #109
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Idk about HDR. I turned it on but don’t know if I see much of a difference. It actually looks dim in the game now I think. Anyone know why?
Old 06-04-2019, 07:40 PM   #110
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Idk about HDR. I turned it on but don’t know if I see much of a difference. It actually looks dim in the game now I think. Anyone know why?
It depends on your TV, but many models have different HDR settings. For instance, mine has 3 HDR options: Dark, Normal, and Bright, then I can adjust each individually. My TV defaults to Dark, but The Show looks better on Normal, so check your TV settings and see if you have a similar way to tweak the HDR.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:09 PM   #111
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
It depends on your TV, but many models have different HDR settings. For instance, mine has 3 HDR options: Dark, Normal, and Bright, then I can adjust each individually. My TV defaults to Dark, but The Show looks better on Normal, so check your TV settings and see if you have a similar way to tweak the HDR.
Idk if mine has that or not. It’s a LG tv.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2019, 01:21 AM   #112
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Got one of the new Samsung QLEDs and was really disappointed with the HDR until I finally managed to turn off all of the post processing BS and turn on game mode, then it actually looked good.

Before it had the same effect as you said, seemed to wash out the brightness of the screen. And yes, while I'm not %100 behind the show's HDR implementation, it does make a difference and it does look better IMO. It was pretty crazy it an afternoon game to see how the light effected the colour on uniforms as outfielders walked in and out of the shadows cast by the light scaffolding on their way into the dugout after the inning.

Although not necessarily better for gameplay. Last game was an evening game at the White Sox, and that Sun could not set fast enough.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »