Home

Experience playing “RTTS” within Franchise

This is a discussion on Experience playing “RTTS” within Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2019, 10:01 PM   #1
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Experience playing “RTTS” within Franchise

I’ve just about had it with the roster management logic within RTTS this year.

I’m a 19 year old catcher and after 1 full year in AA I was on the opening day roster as the 4th catcher.

I’m really considering ditching this and playing RTTS through Franchise but wonder how it works progression wise.

For those who have done both, how has your experience been?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 10:19 PM   #2
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Experience playing “RTTS” within Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I’ve just about had it with the roster management logic within RTTS this year.

I’m a 19 year old catcher and after 1 full year in AA I was on the opening day roster as the 4th catcher.

I’m really considering ditching this and playing RTTS through Franchise but wonder how it works progression wise.

For those who have done both, how has your experience been?

I wish for future installments you can have the choice to essentially be god in RTTS to make it more realistic. Little things like this could be cleaned up if the player had full control of the league.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:42 AM   #3
Rookie

hockeyyt988's Arena

OVR: 2

I haven’t really done it but in my jays franchise, I play every 6 game (rotate SP), the games between I quick manage 2, player lock 2 (sp and then position player) and then use this wheel thing to decide other game.

I wouldn’t imagine it being unbearable to play. To answer your question, I think you’ll sacrifice the ability to customize progression for the ability to handle the roster correctly. I think the only progression you can do is through training, which you can choose what attributes you want to focus on but that’s not as in depth as RTTS.

You could always edit and alter your potential and attributes yourself though. Maybe come up with a system for similar to XP system in RTTS and edit your player accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-20-2019, 07:08 AM   #4
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

Update: I simulated the full season to see if I would get sent down.

Well, I ended the season with ~200 at bats in 100 games. Hit .190 with 6HR and 30RBI.

In the off-season I got offered a 5 year $50M contract(!!!!!!) tried to knock it to just 1 year and just over 1M but the lowest they’d go was 4 year and $40M

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-20-2019, 09:12 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
I wish for future installments you can have the choice to essentially be god in RTTS to make it more realistic. Little things like this could be cleaned up if the player had full control of the league.
Agree with this 100%....been saying it for years. ANY type of control would be golden. For me I'd take just having control of the lineup and batting order as I haven't really had much issue with the too early call up or unreasonable contract offers, etc. I was afraid it was going to be an issue for me for the first time with the changes this year but it wasn't. When I was called up, I was ready. You do have some control by keeping a save to go back to after series, season, etc. when unrealistic stuff happens. It's worked for me....I'm 4 years in to my RF save and still enjoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2019, 11:52 AM   #6
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

This concept interests me for a created closer. That way I could use my player in non-save situations.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:35 PM   #7
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Been testing this with a reliever and it actually seems pretty do-able. The only thing is randomly my player will end retiring after a future season.
Old 06-22-2019, 06:27 PM   #8
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
Been testing this with a reliever and it actually seems pretty do-able. The only thing is randomly my player will end retiring after a future season.

That’s definitely a concern. As well as Free Agency. Unless it’s 30 team control Not really going to have a say in what team offers a deal and what they accept

Mets 2019

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »