Home

Let me trade rewards for pitch speed

This is a discussion on Let me trade rewards for pitch speed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 03-28-2019, 11:18 PM   #1
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11
Let me trade rewards for pitch speed

Iím finding the default pitch speeds too much for me to overcome this year. Itís great that I can adjust them in play now/franchise, but it really stinks that I canít alter them to enjoy Moments & DD.

In previous versions I could win games in Conquest on Rookie with ease, Veteran a decent challenge with All Star wins feeling solid. This year? Rookie is a grind for me.

I will gladly trade the rewards to adjust the pitch speed sliders in other modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2019, 01:09 AM   #2
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Let me trade rewards for pitch speed

This is the exact issue I have with March to October. It’s essentially useless to me because I always turn the pitch speed down a few notches in my Franchise with All Star hitting, but of course I don’t have this option in MTO so I won’t ever be able to play it, which is very unfortunate.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:45 AM   #3
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Honestly they went way overboard with pitch speeds this year. All they had to do was make the slider range wider so that we could get it closer to last year. I already have it turned all the way down and on rookie, and I am still just not having fun this year. I get that people want to be "stick gods", but at least give us normal folk the ability to crank it way down. I even started using guess pitch this year and even when I know where it's going I am late like 90% of the time. There is just not enough time for me to determine if it is a strike and still react. I am honestly just about done with this game this year. I just want to be able to pick up the game and have fun, I don't want to have to concentrate like I am trying to solve complex calculus
Old 03-29-2019, 02:06 AM   #4
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

I know everybody's different, but I'm really enjoying the pitch speed on legend with default sliders this year. Legend with pitch sliders maxed out is more of a challenge, but it's almost a chore to concentrate that hard. In years past I've always turned the pitch sliders up. I guess they could widen the range of the speeds to better suite everyone, but the one thing I wish they would include is a metric of the stated speed vs the visual speed. I would really like to know when the guy in the game is throwing a 90mph fastball am I seeing it as 90mph or 85, or 75 etc...
Old 03-29-2019, 08:51 AM   #5
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

It's a weird one, as I specifically remember Ramone saying in the streams that they'd made pitch speeds higher on All Star, HoF and Legend, but made the game easier on Rookie and Veteran. That's really not the case though, the game plays much tougher and faster on rookie and veteran than it did last year(and weirdly, different in different modes. Moments on veteran is much tougher than conquest on veteran)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2019, 09:55 AM   #6
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I thought they said in the streams/interviews that one of the main reasons for creating March to October was to appeal to new and casual players. Well, not having an option to disable rewards so you can adjust pitch speed and other sliders seems very counter-intuitive with that in mind. If vets of the series struggle with the default pitch speed, then I feel really bad for new players.

Last edited by jeffy777; 03-29-2019 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:52 PM   #7
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I thought they said in the streams/interviews that one of the main reasons for creating March to October was to appeal to new and casual players. Well, not having an option to disable rewards so you can adjust pitch speed and other sliders seems very counter-intuitive with that in mind. If vets of the series struggle with the default pitch speed, then I feel really bad for new players.
M2O is the main reason I bought 19 - franchise is a bit overwhelming for me with the minor leagues, contracts, etc, and I thought this was going to be the perfect mode for me.

I don't want to be one of those people who say the game is broken or you've got to fix this - just give us the ability to alter for our play style & ability.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:20 PM   #8
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
M2O is the main reason I bought 19 - franchise is a bit overwhelming for me with the minor leagues, contracts, etc, and I thought this was going to be the perfect mode for me.

I don't want to be one of those people who say the game is broken or you've got to fix this - just give us the ability to alter for our play style & ability.

I just want to point out that in franchise you can put everything on auto and just play major league baseball. You wouldn't have to worry about anything else, no minors, no contracts, no nothing. Play every game, or sim the ones you want, it's really that easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »