Home

Inning after inning line drives right at fielders

This is a discussion on Inning after inning line drives right at fielders within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2019, 11:27 AM   #1
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3
Inning after inning line drives right at fielders

Can anything be done about this?

The ninja CPU defense is always in the right place with their crazy defense.

Is this affected by me hitting on HOF?

Does the CPU actually shift MORE than last year's game?

Current settings:

Power 7
Solid hits 3
Reaction 2
Speed 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2019, 11:59 AM   #2
Pro

JHodges57's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Inning after inning line drives right at fielders

Franchise, manage only....

I've been seeing a lot less line drives since day 1, but as you say, they are always right at a fielder. And the fly balls are never far enough from a fielder where they have to run at more than a jog to get to them.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:01 PM   #3
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

I turned up human and CPU power by 1 on the sliders and this has helped quite a bit
Old 03-31-2019, 01:03 PM   #4
Pro

JHodges57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I turned up human and CPU power by 1 on the sliders and this has helped quite a bit
I know slider adjustments help, but unfortunately, in manage only mode, sliders have no affect on anything. I've tried adjusting them for various reasons but there is no difference. When I actually play the game, yes, sliders play a role.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:08 PM   #5
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm honestly surprised this hasnt been discussed more this year on here. It's been a widespread issue for many, and its honestly ruined the game for me this year. Anything below HOF is fine, but once you get to HOF and legend you're almost penalized for squaring up balls. Hitting seems to be completely random in terms of PCI placement/timing and results this year.

So I'm left with a hit parade on the lower difficulties, and at the mercy of the computer on rewarding me accurately on the higher difficulties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2019, 03:00 PM   #6
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Purist
I'm honestly surprised this hasnt been discussed more this year on here. It's been a widespread issue for many, and its honestly ruined the game for me this year. Anything below HOF is fine, but once you get to HOF and legend you're almost penalized for squaring up balls. Hitting seems to be completely random in terms of PCI placement/timing and results this year.

So I'm left with a hit parade on the lower difficulties, and at the mercy of the computer on rewarding me accurately on the higher difficulties.
I’m having this issue as well big time.

I just upped to Legend and I think I will end up turning off the bat review window. It is pretty infuriating. Every thing I square up is line drives or routine grounders. Meanwhile the Cpu is fouling off third strikes left right and centre when the ball is outside the zone on top of the strike zone but the PCI shows it was on the bottom of the strike zone. I’ve also been collecting video proof of other BS hits on legend like bloop hits just over the infield when the ball clearly shows it was way under the PCI and should have been a grounder for sure.

I’m kind of ok with it on the simple fact that Legend difficulty feels right to me and if I turn off the batter review window thingy, what I don’t know won’t hurt me right? Lol
Old 06-06-2019, 03:34 PM   #7
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I’m having this issue as well big time.

I just upped to Legend and I think I will end up turning off the bat review window. It is pretty infuriating. Every thing I square up is line drives or routine grounders. Meanwhile the Cpu is fouling off third strikes left right and centre when the ball is outside the zone on top of the strike zone but the PCI shows it was on the bottom of the strike zone. I’ve also been collecting video proof of other BS hits on legend like bloop hits just over the infield when the ball clearly shows it was way under the PCI and should have been a grounder for sure.

I’m kind of ok with it on the simple fact that Legend difficulty feels right to me and if I turn off the batter review window thingy, what I don’t know won’t hurt me right? Lol
This pretty much sums up my experience on legend to a tee. I also do my best to just avoid looking at the swing feedback because I can feel my blood pressure rising with each head scratching result for myself and the computer.
Also, do yourself a favor and never take a gander into the batting analysis either, LOL.

My armchair theory on the lineouts this year is due to the issues with 17 (ball physics) 18(home run happy) and now we're left with 19. I feel like the majority of these lineouts are the result of SDS still not figuring out how to implement backspin/top spin correctly, and then also trying to nerf homeruns to a degree which came a little too easy last year even on the higher difficulties.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:55 AM   #8
Rookie

Cold Snap's Arena

This is a sport where you fail your job requirements 70% of the time and go to the Hall of Fame.

You'll be fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »