Home

MLB 20 Stadium Accuracy / Feedback Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 20 Stadium Accuracy / Feedback Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2019, 03:05 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 20 Stadium Accuracy / Feedback Thread

Guaranteed rate field got the new goose island section in the right field bleechers. they were announced right before the season started.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d4gpremqhhp21.jpg (146.2 KB, 349 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5952_2.jpg (171.6 KB, 351 views)
File Type: jpg 1 9xImHRhH583wimSyIbSzFA.jpg (411.2 KB, 354 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2019, 08:05 PM   #26
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't have a pic yet but Miller Park has had a a small LED board in left center field for about 3 years now that hasn't been added to the game yet.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 10-25-2019, 10:50 PM   #27
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13

It's a classic stadium and I've posted this the last few years, so I doubt it's very high up on the priority list, but I'd love to see the height and length of the Metrodome's Baggie in RF fixed. The Baggie was 23 feet high in real life, but in the game the height looks waaaaaay higher than that (more like the Monster's height). Also, the wall doesn't extend towards the RCF gap far enough.

I realize the picture is from MLB 18, but from playing 19 I know the wall was untouched.

Last edited by MauerMorneau09; 10-28-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:47 PM   #28
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

The Reds are turning the press boxes into luxury seating.

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2019/10/25...uxury-seating/
Old 10-26-2019, 01:41 AM   #29
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

ANGEL STADIUM OF ANAHEIM

1. Rock fountain shoots flames and fireworks for Angels' home runs and wins. Video showing it in action

2. LED ribbon extends all the way down the left side, cycling through out of town scores at the end on both the LF and RF sides.

3. Angels logo atop LF video board lights up at night.

4. Halo atop the Big "A" has a LED ribbon and displays messages in white that rotate around.

5. Restaurant area on the club level. The orange parts are now painted black as seen in the previous photo, but the layout is the same.

6. The sign displaying division titles above the batter's eye is gone.

7. The Honda Center and ARTIC Train Station are easily visible from inside the stadium. The ARTIC station lights up red at night during Angels games.

Last edited by breakfastcat; 10-30-2019 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:27 PM   #30
MVP

Oracle Park Update

It looks like some of the bleacher seats in right center field are being removed to clear space for bullpens. It's unclear if both bullpens will be in this area or just one. Photo courtesy of Alex Pavlovic on Twitter.

Spoiler
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 11-08-2019, 07:40 PM   #31
MVP

Oracle Park Update

Some more information about the Giants' new bullpens was made public today. One will be in left-center field, the other in right-center field. Field dimensions and fence height will change in those areas, but only slightly so. There will also be "a terrace beyond center field where fans can congregate". According to the article, renderings will be released later in the off-season.

Source: https://www.sfchronicle.com/giants/a...photo-18576536

MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2019, 02:34 PM   #32
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Hoping this is the year that Kauffman Stadium gets some love. I know there’s so much to do and a relatively short amount of time for the developers, but it seems like each year I’m copying and pasting the same list and then one thing gets checked off for the next year’s game...

For now - here’s my copy-pasted list from the past few years. I’ll work on getting some images for the other incorrect pieces from the 2019 season.

STADIUM NAME: Kauffman Stadium

DESCRIPTION: Right Field Porch Sign - For years this was a Budweiser script sign, and for the 2017 and 2018 seasons, it was changed to Blue Moon. Even if the text could say something like ‘The Show’ with a baseball between the words, that would be better than the big rectangular The Show sign that's currently in-game.

PICTURES:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: Outfield LF & RF Wall LED Signage - At Kauffman, the LED boards extend further than what is currently in The Show. In The Show, there is a fixed graphic at the end towards the bullpen(s), but in reality, the LED board extends all the way to the bullpen edge. Only the last graphic, towards center field, is non-LED.

PICTURES:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: Grass Pattern - I love when the Royals mow the crown in to the outfield grass. But truthfully, this was almost exclusively used in the playoff runs of 2014-15. Seeing it still in for every game in The Show makes it less special. I would prefer The Show had the much more common checker pattern for the field, and thick parallel lines in foul territory as the Royals use 99% of the time.

PICTURES:
Spoiler

Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: Upper Deck Advertisements - In The Show, these upper deck vomitories are solid concrete. However, in real life, the two big ones on the sides of the upper deck should have large (mostly blue) sponsor graphics on them. Also, at the top of the press box area are two long 'roof tops'. The Show has these as a plain color, but these should also be sponsored mostly blue.

PICTURES:
Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: Kauffman Stadium Broadcast Pitching Cam - It seems like the angle of the camera is just a bit off. The zoom is about right, but I think the camera needs to swing around to show a little bit more to the right. I think the focal length of the camera needs changed a little too, because you can see that the dirt circle around home plate runs off the left and right edges in the real broadcast. It's easiest to compare when you look at the advertisement panels on the backstop. It doesn't take away from the game, but as someone that watches most Royals games, and also plays loads of The Show each year, it's enough that I notice it and it takes away just enough from the realism.

PICTURES:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by beau21; 11-28-2019 at 11:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »