Home

MLB The Show 19 Review

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Review within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2019, 11:18 AM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 19 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Yes, I don't have an issue. Is there anyway on of these people can post a youtube video showing the problem with the frame rate?
Blzer posted one here

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...on-thread.html

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-03-2019, 11:53 AM   #18
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

I feel the same way about moments. I gave it a shot and kept an open mind but it's not for me. The player lock is absolutely frustrating. I can't watch an AI controlled defender make another boneheaded play or I will pull my hair out. Combine that with the fact that the moments aren't historically accurate, and it's just not my cup of tea. Also I find it very hard to hit/pitch in black and white for some reason. I would prefer they just did these in color. The black and white feature is pointless when I am playing in a modern Fenway park.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:54 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I give 19 a score of 85. if budget issues for franchise are patched & resolved by end of May, I'll bump it to 95.

yeah, I'm easy to please lol

A Work in Progress
Old 04-03-2019, 06:39 PM   #20
Rookie

Frame rate is terrible in fielding rather than in batting or pitching.*I give it a 7.0
Old 04-03-2019, 11:22 PM   #21
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
I have a bridge to sell you if you think that the game has ever been 60fps in the last 10 years
I have had almost ever mlb the show for the last like 10 years and I have never ever had a FPS issue ever. I dont known why some people have it and a lot dont.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2019, 12:23 AM   #22
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Some people just aren’t as picky about it or don’t play PC games to see how much smoother they often are than console games, but yeah this isn’t the first time the series has had framerate issues. MLB 14 for example, the first of the series on PS4, had an awful framerate on foul balls and cutscenes as they hadn’t figured out optimization on the new system yet. 17 on release had a nasty fps hitch right before every pitch, with they eventually patched, so I’m still optimistic that a future update will address this.

Last edited by jeffy777; 04-04-2019 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:22 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9
The pickoffs at first are still too crazy.* Even with high speed, and high BR attributes, a one button push lead, you get picked off.* It's been in every edition for years.* It really needs to be addressed.* The other thing is the insane diving catches by outfielders.* Sure, some they drop and keep it near, but there's some that they miss entirely and what should be a single if played properly, becomes an XBH or HR.
Overall though, I do indeed LOVE THE GAME.* Aside from my 2 peeves, the rest of the game is tight, and I am addicted.* I do disagree about the new MtO mode.* I don't really play franchise (I'm usually playing DD, which this year has been AWESOME.* I've actually got more than 1 or 2 diamond players.* I have a lot actually...* Between pitchers and position players I've got 10 or 11.* I've only purchased 1 diamond player, and that was Torii Hunter, who I never really use because Lorenzo Cain is severely underrated (I'm a Yankees fan just FYI). But MtO I've played through a season with the Yankees, Brewers, and currently with the Reds.* I love that the season doesn't take long, and puts me in* pivotal moments in the games that are played by me.* I'd like to start the games a little earlier than the 6th, maybe in the 5th...* I know there's games they start you out earlier.* But overall I really think the mode has legs, and will keep me plenty busy when I'm not in DD.* I haven't really even checked out franchise yet.* I know you can turn your MtO into one after the first season.* I'd rather be able to continue with MtO.* The one real knock I find on MtO is the ability to call up players from (At least) AAA.* Instead you've got to wait til September call ups.* You can however trade minor Leaguers when approached.* Odd kind of...* But I hope they allow more leeway if they (HOPEFULLY) keep the mode in next year's game.
One thing that bugs me about RttS is the caps on my players attributes.* I know you can raise them...* But that's time consuming.* I wasn't a huge fan of the way attributes went up and down with the new way they introduced it last year.* Attributes can go down if you have an 0-3 game, even if you had 3 solid ABs.**
I can't disagree that this is definitely the best baseball video game I've played.* It rivals High Heat, 2k when they had good baseball (2k9 was my favorite of that series) and MVP.* I'd like to see them take a page out of MVPs playbook, and have the ball flash for a nanosecond prior to release by the pitcher.* I always thought that was a great feature in MVP overlooked.* It's really a solid way to "read pitches".* Shocked it hasn't been used by SDS for The Show.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:59 PM   #24
Pro

GainzBro's Arena

Anybody else have trouble seeing the ball on defense? Especially on ground balls.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »