Home

MLB 18 Stadium Accuracy / Feedback Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 18 Stadium Accuracy / Feedback Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2018, 11:07 AM   #1
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Post MLB 18 Stadium Accuracy / Feedback Thread

Each year, it is no doubt a big undertaking for the SCEA team to try and keep up to speed with all of the aesthetic changes that each MLB team makes. At OS, I would like to think that our accuracy and feedback threads help to save time and resources for their art team, which should hopefully give them more time to fix more of the issues, or things that are missing. This goes for everything from team colors to uniform accuracy, or for this thread, my personal favorite... stadium accuracy!

To be clear - I am in no way affiliated with SCEA, or have any blessings or assurances from them that they will use this thread. That being said, if everyone can post clear, and current, pictures from each stadium (bonus for in-game comparison pictures, too!), then I have to imagine their art team would find that useful. Maybe even the mods might deem this thread sticky-worthy for better odds of being seen by devs?

Template

STADIUM NAME: (obvious)
DESCRIPTION: (short description of what's missing, or inaccurate would be great!)
PICTURES: (please put pictures in spoiler tags!)

Last edited by beau21; 03-27-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 11:10 AM   #2
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 18 Stadium Accuracy / Feedback Thread

STADIUM NAME: Kauffman Stadium
DESCRIPTION: Right Field Porch Sign - For years this was a Budweiser script sign, and for the 2017 and 2018 seasons, it was changed to Blue Moon. Even if the text could say something like ‘The Show’ with a baseball between the words, that would be better than the big rectangular The Show sign that's currently in-game.
PICTURES:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: Outfield LF & RF Wall LED Signage - At Kauffman, the LED boards extend further than what is currently in The Show. In The Show, there is a fixed graphic at the end towards the bullpen(s), but in reality, the LED board extends all the way to the bullpen edge. Only the last graphic, towards center field, is non-LED.
PICTURES:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: Grass Pattern - I love when the Royals mow the crown in to the outfield grass. But truthfully, this was almost exclusively used in the playoff runs of 2014-15. Seeing it still in for every game in The Show makes it less special. I would prefer The Show had the much more common checker pattern for the field, and thick parallel lines in foul territory as the Royals use 99% of the time.
PICTURES:
Spoiler

Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: Hall of Fame Glass Graphic - Every year, the Royals have some kind of Royals branding graphic applied to the HoF glass in left field. Also, for the past few years, they have the green Commerce Bank splash advertisement on the right side. Something that mimics this with Royals branding would be much better than the blank gray glass that The Show has had for years.
PICTURES:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: Upper Deck Advertisements - In The Show, these upper deck vomitories are solid concrete. However, in real life, the two big ones on the sides of the upper deck should have large (mostly blue) sponsor graphics on them. Also, at the top of the press box area are two long 'roof tops'. The Show has these as a plain color, but these should also be sponsored mostly blue.
PICTURES:
Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: Kauffman Stadium Broadcast Pitching Cam - It seems like the angle of the camera is just a bit off. The zoom is about right, but I think the camera needs to swing around to show a little bit more to the right. I think the focal length of the camera needs changed a little too, because you can see that the dirt circle around home plate runs off the left and right edges in the real broadcast. It's easiest to compare when you look at the advertisement panels on the backstop. It doesn't take away from the game, but as someone that watches most Royals games, and also plays loads of The Show each year, it's enough that I notice it and it takes away just enough from the realism.
PICTURES:
Spoiler

Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: The top of the third base dugout has Kauffman Stadium mispelled. The top of dugout, in MLB 18, says 'Kaufman Stadium'.
PICTURES:
Spoiler

Last edited by beau21; 03-30-2018 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:17 AM   #3
Rookie

Kevin82485's Arena

OVR: 2

Stadium name: Miller Park

Description: In game, the retired number above the scoreboard do not have the player's name, it just says "Brewers". It should have the player's last name. It's been incorrect in the game for as long as I can remember.

Pictures:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Wisconsin Badgers

XBL: TheJudge24
PSN: UntalentedTalent

Last edited by Kevin82485; 03-27-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Dannyray64's Arena

STADIUM NAME: Citizens Bank Park

DESCRIPTION: The color of the dirt at Citizens Bank Park has been incorrect for the last few years. The infield, pitcher's mound, and warning track are almost gray, with a hint of brown. In real life, the dirt is much more brown, and not gray. Also, the bricks behind home plate are a much darker brownish red, compared to MLB 18.

PICTURES:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 03-27-2018, 12:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Dannyray64's Arena

STADIUM NAME: Citizens Bank Park

DESCRIPTION: The ivy in the center field batting eye is incorrect. In MLB 18, the wall on the left side of the batting eye has a large gap in the ivy, which reveals the brick wall behind it. In real life, there is no such gap in that spot.

PICTURES:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 12:32 PM   #6
Let's Go Pens!

LetsGoBucs's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin82485
Stadium name: Miller Park

Description: In game, the retired number above the scoreboard do not have the player's name, it just says "Brewers". It should have the player's last name. It's been incorrect in the game for as long as I can remember.

Pictures:

My GUESS is that they cannot put the names there without a license or agreement from that person. It is the same at PNC Park.
NBA: Denver Nuggets, Orlando Magic
NCAA: Penn State Nittany Lions, Boston College Eagles
Old 03-27-2018, 12:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBucs
My GUESS is that they cannot put the names there without a license or agreement from that person. It is the same at PNC Park.
Exactly. There are a number of parks in the game where the same type of thing exists.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Kevin82485's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBucs
Yeah I thought of that, but the thing is that the players whose numbers are retired are players that they already have the rights to use the likeness of. Like these players have cards in Diamond Dynasty. Maybe there is more to it than I understand...must be easier to remove a character from the game if they lose their rights than to change artwork?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Wisconsin Badgers

XBL: TheJudge24
PSN: UntalentedTalent

Last edited by Kevin82485; 03-27-2018 at 01:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »