Home

How to have all legends team

This is a discussion on How to have all legends team within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2019, 09:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How to have all legends team

I'd like to start a franchise using legends as my team. But how do I go about doing this? I have some questions.

Do I edit roster before I start and just get rid of players and replace them with legends? Then set pitch rotation and line ups? Save? Then start chise? What about contracts?

Do I start a franchise and before playing any game replace players with legends?

I tried doing a franchise like this in previous games where most legends went on waivers or something and other teams could pick them up. Plus it changed everything and put them in the minors.

So what I want to do is start a franchise with legends and their contracts already set for 10 years or so. But how should I go about this?

Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2019, 10:08 AM   #2
Rookie

MightyMaxxx13's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How to have all legends team

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a
I'd like to start a franchise using legends as my team. But how do I go about doing this? I have some questions.

Do I edit roster before I start and just get rid of players and replace them with legends? Then set pitch rotation and line ups? Save? Then start chise? What about contracts?

Do I start a franchise and before playing any game replace players with legends?

I tried doing a franchise like this in previous games where most legends went on waivers or something and other teams could pick them up. Plus it changed everything and put them in the minors.

So what I want to do is start a franchise with legends and their contracts already set for 10 years or so. But how should I go about this?

Thank you.
Set your roster before beginning the franchise. Roster structure and contracts can all be edited manually then saved to a roster file. When you begin the franchise select your saved roster and you’re good to go.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMaxxx13
Set your roster before beginning the franchise. Roster structure and contracts can all be edited manually then saved to a roster file. When you begin the franchise select your saved roster and you’re good to go.
Hi. Thank you.
How do I manually edit contracts once my rosters are set? And editing contracts happen once I start the franchise or before?

Oh yea. One thing about setting up my team is that it takes forever. I’m not good with 40 man rosters. But I feel I need to do it otherwise the cpu will mess things up.

And getting mlb, a, aa and aaa right is a very difficult and time consuming process.

Last edited by buggs1a; 04-15-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:44 PM   #4
Rookie

MightyMaxxx13's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a
Hi. Thank you.
How do I manually edit contracts once my rosters are set? And editing contracts happen once I start the franchise or before?
You won’t be able to edit any contracts once your franchise is started so you’ll have to do it beforehand. If you go in the Create/Edit player menu you can adjust their contract under the General Information tab (same place you adjust their name, number, position etc)
Old 04-16-2019, 02:45 AM   #5
Rookie

Thank you.

Are there any tips to streamline this? How I should remove and add players? How do I make sure each team has the right amount of players?

In the past I would remove all minor league players in a and aa. Then move aaa to a and aa. Then move the players I want to keep from mlb to aaa. Then add legends I want which will fill the mlb and aaa and even aa. So some mlb non legends would be in a ball etc.

Are there any better easier ways to do this? I would be so grateful for any suggestions. I don’t really know how I should do this.

One thing for sure is I believe it will take 2-4 hrs to do this for my organization. I would like to trim that time haha. It’s kinda fun though.

I also don’t know who to put where really. I have my favorites but sometimes there’s too many. Like first base is a problem. I want several first baseman on my mlb team but there’s just too many. Seems like there was a lot of great legends at first base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2019, 09:20 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Can you even have more than 25 Legends , do any of them have options left so they can be put in the minors?

A Work in Progress
Old 04-16-2019, 10:04 AM   #7
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

This sounds like a fun idea. I may start a legends franchise just to kick around. Make my own all legends team and add some of the major ones to other teams. I have my more serious Franchise going now it's a blast so far. I like this concept though, even if I just play a month or 2 overall.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-16-2019, 10:15 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Can you even have more than 25 Legends , do any of them have options left so they can be put in the minors?
I just finished awhile ago. It took over 2 hrs.

Roster control. Then I went to edit Boston. Player movement. Then I went from top to bottom. Replaced everyone with legends. There’s too many legends to put in one organization. Ha. So I just used who I like most out of them all.

Then I had to make sure I had who I wanted on the MLB team etc. however this part was very hard. I like so many and there’s only 25 spots. This part took awhile. I had to auto fix roster a couple times to get a complete roster. Then I moved players up and down the organization.

Big problem. Babe Ruth. He’s now a pitcher and can’t be used any other position. How stupid!!! He was not a pitcher for very long. Why in the world did they make him a pitcher and not let you use him as a fielder to bat in all games? This is ludicrous!!!$&@“@. He does have second position for outfield or something. It’s greyed out. So his first is Starting pitcher. I see no way to use him in the lineup. Wtf?

And you can’t change someone’s age? That’s insane too. They should all be 18 or so.

After getting everything good I went to edit player. I changed contract. Made them all 10 years and different salaries. Lot of under 1 million per year lol. Ignore budget is on.

I just don’t understand about Babe Ruth. That’s just insane!

Oh ya. They took out Yogi Berra. This bites.
No Joe DiMaggio and no other awesome guys like Hank Aaron and Lefty Gomez and others. No Honus Wagner. Ugh.

Last edited by buggs1a; 04-16-2019 at 10:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »