Home

What was the best MLB The Show Game and Why? Graphics,Framerate and Gameplay?

This is a discussion on What was the best MLB The Show Game and Why? Graphics,Framerate and Gameplay? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2019, 03:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What was the best MLB The Show Game and Why? Graphics,Framerate and Gameplay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Rocket bunts are in '18

'18 is a very solid game. Similar to '19 aside from the improvement to defense in '19. There are other subtle differences in hitting and pitching, but they aren't as "drastic".

That sucks. I was hoping they would have fixed that. Just wanting a lag free experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-18-2019, 03:14 PM   #10
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

Re: What was the best MLB The Show Game and Why? Graphics,Framerate and Gameplay?

This year! Cause they increased pitch speeds.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-18-2019, 03:26 PM   #11
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

MLB 12 is still my favorite and I played about three franchise seasons, (140+ games/season). Played like butter, graphics were great, gameplay and defence worked and it was the last time you could fantasy draft and CPU roster management worked from March 31. Very little reworking had to be done other than nitpicky stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2019, 03:34 PM   #12
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by asjdwf21
I really want to like 19 but there is something stopping me. Is 18 an all around good game? Any real glaring issues? Are bunts fixed in it, meaning no more rocket bunts
18 is a great game. Personally speaking of course. I think with any variation of the Show you will have a range of "this game sucks" to "best game ever" So there is no way to predict where you will fall on that scale. For me, its the best. And it has generally great reviews from others who played it.

Rocket bunts are there unfortunately. But - its a cosmetic thing mostly, because the CPU doesn't throw to second on sac bunts. I generally don't either unless the situation calls for it. But i never get doubled up. So even though its ugly, it hasn't affected me. it still is effective in practice.

Wild pitches can be a a little high until you learn what you can and can't try with runners on base. But i have learned to pitch to prevent this, and have wild pitch numbers pretty much dead even with MLB WP numbers.

Other than that i cannot think of any glaring issues or bugs that aren't still in 19.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:38 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I havent really played a version I wasn't thoroughly happy with. Some might even classify it as flatout happy. But if I have to choose, going with 11 because that was thelast one iy didn't have to share the limelight with Diamond Dynasty

A Work in Progress
Old 04-18-2019, 03:43 PM   #14
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I have to admit, while I wouldn't give up today's gameplay, I sure miss the old franchise mode with owner duties. I enjoyed setting prices, doing promotions, and tending the field. I hope they one day bring it back, but leave out the trying to upgrade your transportation to an airplane.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #15
Rookie

ItsRileyC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I have to admit, while I wouldn't give up today's gameplay, I sure miss the old franchise mode with owner duties. I enjoyed setting prices, doing promotions, and tending the field. I hope they one day bring it back, but leave out the trying to upgrade your transportation to an airplane.
Never forget MVP Baseball, ahh the glory days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2019, 04:17 PM   #16
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatArmy
MLB 12 is still my favorite and I played about three franchise seasons, (140+ games/season). Played like butter, graphics were great, gameplay and defence worked and it was the last time you could fantasy draft and CPU roster management worked from March 31. Very little reworking had to be done other than nitpicky stuff.
Yup 12 was a fantastic game. I can’t think of any issues with that one. 11 was before the dynamic gameplay, 13 had the rounding 3rd glitch where runnerss slowed down. 14 was pretty good. Never played 15 through 17. 18 is fantastic. For 19 I keep hearing about framerate issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »