Home

Pitchers as DH in franchise?? Why

This is a discussion on Pitchers as DH in franchise?? Why within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2019, 10:55 AM   #33
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Pitchers as DH in franchise?? Why

In RttS, I have the DH batting behind my player most times. With this glitch/bug, it has been a pitcher with no hitting ability whatsoever. No, it's not game breaking but it is quite annoying to have a rally going only for it to end because the CPU has a terrible hitting pitcher hitting 4th or 5th.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:04 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0

I love all the justification to manually override a broken game.

The game is a mess, honestly the only reason we play it is cause it’s the only sim baseball but in all honesty the engine is dated AF.
Collisions are non existent, commentary is bad, framerate is the worst of any major sports title, franchise is really poor, AI bullpen logic...gameplay against the AI imo is meh....

It sucks having to intervene to fix broken features! As soon as or if another major player gets in on baseball they are in trouble.
they are standing on a weak foundation
Old 04-25-2019, 12:02 PM   #35
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
this is another reason the designated hitter is an abomination unto baseball lol the chickens come home to roost . I sure hope Shohei is an inspiration to a new generation of pitchers to strive to be more complete baseball players . if not , maybe in the future DH's can stand behind the mound and be the pitchers Designated Fielder too . OK , I'll get off my soapbox now lol

#MakePitchersBatAgain

and on-topic , is there a work-around ?
It's not just DHing. They will play right field as well. I had one game against the rays where they skipped their top two pitchers because their ace was in RF and their #2 was DHing.

Using two controllers pre game is a work around.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by TheWarmWind; 04-25-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2019, 12:05 PM   #36
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
Hey fellas, sorry to hear about this glitch. I can try to get it to the right people for a fix or explanation im hoping its not by design.

So I manage 30 teams and setup real life lineups using mlb press lineups, I do the exact match-ups and lineups so its not an issue for me.

I can see this is a real headache if u control 1 team or u do your own baseball world.

Has anyone went in and set rotations and lineups for all the other teams and still get a pitcher as the DH?

Thanks,

H.B.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
It effects everything, including the player. I've had plenty of games where my pitcher is for no reason in the DH spot on my lineup in the pre game screen. I do all manual lineups and rotations.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:28 PM   #37
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Just to clarify, is this only in user vs cpu games? Or does it impact ALL simmed games as well?

Old 04-25-2019, 12:46 PM   #38
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moTIGS
FYI for those who are using this as justification for not buying the game or delaying their franchise until it gets addressed, it is NOT a universal bug.

I’ve gone through about seven years over two franchises and have never seen a pitcher in the DH spot for my team or any other team, in played games or simmed.

A post on the front page of this thread called this “near game breaking.” That’s just a tad dramatic.
Is it dramatic though? I am glad you are not having this issue but pitchers are DHing in nearly 25% of the games played in my franchise, and every single double A game. I couldn't figure out why my DH wasn't getting any at bats and discovered this issue. Oh and the futures game to. Every single futures game A pitcher is DHing.

So yes. While I am quite pleased for you that this bug is not effecting your experience, For me it is quite annoying and makes going through a franchise tedious. So if you were doing a madden franchise and a guard was continuously being played at QB would you consider that "game breaking", or would you think that's a bit "dramatic" as well?
Old 04-25-2019, 12:46 PM   #39
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
It effects everything, including the player. I've had plenty of games where my pitcher is for no reason in the DH spot on my lineup in the pre game screen. I do all manual lineups and rotations.

Does sound like a major issue. In all my games ive streamed in my slider set CPU VS CPU and yesterday ME VS CPU i went to lineups and rotations set them up under each team and i have not had this issue.

Can somebody try setting all 4 lineups under each team yours and the team u play next and report back if the pitcher is at DH?

Old 04-25-2019, 12:47 PM   #40
MVP

Houston's Arena

Also now that i think about it sometimes u will see EMPTY at pitcher go and auto reorder lineups then go set them how u like maybe u have team ir teams with EMPTY at pitcher thats causing the issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »