Home

Tale of two games...

This is a discussion on Tale of two games... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2019, 02:12 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Tale of two games...

Last night I took the A's into Fenway and battered David Price around chasing him after scoring seven runs. I totaled ten on the night but still lost 13-10 due Mookie Betts going 4-5 and driving in 5. I struck seven times and drew six walks. It was exhilarating to have so much offense.

Tonight I fired up the PS4 with Yu on the bump going up against Grienke and the DBacks. This was the direct opposite of the night before and turned into one of the most epic games I have ever player since honing my skills on the Intellivision back in the 80's!

Darvish made it through eight innings giving up only two hits while walking 7 others. He left the game tied 0-0 because I still hadn't gotten a hit off Grienke! I did manage a baserunner in the 6th on a throwing error. Grienke made it through the 9th without giving up a hit while striking out 14. Finally in the bottom of the 10th with two out I doubled off the wall with Schwarber on Grienke's 120th pitch. He was removed after that pitch which I though was beautiful. His final line was 9 2/3 innings, one hit, zero walks and a mammoth 16 k's!

With my eyes hanging low I ended the game in the 13th with a walk-off homer from that same guy, Kyle Schwarber. He got my only two hits of the game and the DBacks managed only two themselves, one ironically by Grienke.

One thing I noticed from the 11th on, I swear the home plate umpire, Cross-eyed-Clyde opened up the strike zone and began ringing guys up on pitches out of the zone that he hadn't called all night.

MLB The Show 19... What a game!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »