Home

MLB The Show 19 Patch 1.09 Available - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Patch 1.09 Available - Patch Notes Here within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2019, 08:17 AM   #33
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 19 Patch 1.09 Arrives Today at 6:00 AM ET - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
Pitcher/DH bug not fixed is glaring omission but it is a franchise thing so not shocked. Sad days for Franchise guys as things that pop up in DD are sometimes fixed in days and things that pop up in Franchise that can potentially be game killing don't even get a mention SMH.

Yeah that is a letdown. I fortunately have not experienced this bug. I think that is part of the issue. Some are, some are not and maybe...just maybe they are having a hard time spotting it in testing? Also...it may be they just have to run off the two-way pitchers.....I mean Ohtani is the only real pitcher who can DH and it looks like the game code got screwed up to satisfy this one player’s ability to be a DH in the AL and pitch.

I say remove it and work on it properly next cycle. If this is causing the massive headaches people are seeing with pitchers hitting in DH spots.....just get it out of the game and go back to the drawing board for 20s dev cycle.

But this needs to be addressed......and if it cannot SDS needs to make a statement on the issue so players can have some clarity as to why it cannot be fixed.....if indeed it is not.

My hunch is they will address it. Time will tell.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-14-2019, 08:22 AM   #34
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Yeah that is a letdown. I fortunately have not experienced this bug. I think that is part of the issue. Some are, some are not and maybe...just maybe they are having a hard time spotting it in testing? Also...it may be they just have to run off the two-way pitchers.....I mean Ohtani is the only real pitcher who can DH and it looks like the game code got screwed up to satisfy this one player’s ability to be a DH in the AL and pitch.

I say remove it and work on it properly next cycle. If this is causing the massive headaches people are seeing with pitchers hitting in DH spots.....just get it out of the game and go back to the drawing board for 20s dev cycle.

But this needs to be addressed......and if it cannot SDS needs to make a statement on the issue so players can have some clarity as to why it cannot be fixed.....if indeed it is not.

This

It doesn't appear to be a universal issue (not everyone is seeing it) so I'm guessing its not easy to track down a specific cause.

I know of 3 people, well now 4 including A&S, that aren't experiencing the issue. Myself and a friend haven't seen it using carryover saves that we carried over in the offseason (mine '16 - his '18) and a buddy of mine who is playing a new franchise in '19 with out of the box rosters (he didn't download the initial roster update as he's not connected to the internet)

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-14-2019, 08:31 AM   #35
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

I hope so and agree with all your points. My concern is this was spotted a while ago by us working on rosters with very limited testing. I put it out on twitter and sent a DM to Nick about it and got no response. I even asked if there was a certain trait or rating assigned to pitchers that caused it to happen which is my theory on it. Once again another reason there needs to be more transparency with Franchise players and roster creators. Its nice to see Madden really embracing those players now, hopefully these guys do at some point or i am afraid it will get worse every year. Transparency on this is huge as I have guys who play franchise message me every day and say they are waiting on a fix for it to start a franchise. I tell those guys sadly it may not come. If it can not be fixed they should just address it and say hey we are gonna have it revamped or fixed for 2020 at least guys can move on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2019, 08:35 AM   #36
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
Pitcher/DH bug not fixed is glaring omission but it is a franchise thing so not shocked. Sad days for Franchise guys as things that pop up in DD are sometimes fixed in days and things that pop up in Franchise that can potentially be game killing don't even get a mention SMH.
Happens in RttS as well.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:37 AM   #37
Rookie

edeadstroke's Arena

OVR: 1

Dang it! Patch 1.09 broke my dog. My dog is missing easy one hoppers.

Oops, my bad, wrong thread.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:47 AM   #38
Rookie

Truck's Arena

OVR: 1

Still lose energy when you select a pitcher scheduled to pitch ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2019, 08:47 AM   #39
Rookie

CHIBHAWKSRULE's Arena

Re: New patch comes out today

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRnSxX
Was hoping to see a fix for the 1B glitch of being stuck in running animation instead of tagging 1B, this happens with Auto Fielding.
I didn't expect it to be, nor I am I expecting it to ever be fixed...they didn't fix it in 17 or 18 either. Sad when a bug as been in game for 3 years and still no fix..
Old 05-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #40
Rookie

ApolloKids's Arena

Re: New patch comes out today

Vlad Jr and Tatis have updated player models that look amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »