Home

CPU Auto-Managing Roster When Starting a New Franchise

This is a discussion on CPU Auto-Managing Roster When Starting a New Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2019, 01:36 AM   #1
Pro
 
skeenz's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Morgantown, WV
CPU Auto-Managing Roster When Starting a New Franchise

I'm trying to start a new franchise with the new OSFM V3 roster, yet, when I start the franchise, no matter what I do, the CPU will make roster changes for me automatically, calling up and sending down people and changing lineups.

Anyone know how to prevent this?
__________________
Lets Goooooooooooooooooo Mountaineers!

NFL: Tennessee Titans
NBA: Toronto Raptors
MLB: Cincinatti Reds
NCAA: Who Else?
skeenz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2019, 06:16 AM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2016
Re: CPU Auto-Managing Roster When Starting a New Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeenz
I'm trying to start a new franchise with the new OSFM V3 roster, yet, when I start the franchise, no matter what I do, the CPU will make roster changes for me automatically, calling up and sending down people and changing lineups.



Anyone know how to prevent this?


You have the option when starting your franchise to put roster control on manual. Even upon doing that, once in your franchise go to your user specific settings and make sure you have everything you want done manually switched to “manual”.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
drhuez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:25 AM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Re: CPU Auto-Managing Roster When Starting a New Franchise

Even on manual in the mode specific option, my 31 team set up, on opening day has Yankees waiving CC Sabathia, Orioles Chris Davis and SF waiving Sandovald.
I don't allow them, but it's annoying when I see that big blue W next to thier names.
johnnydrum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:45 AM   #4
Pro
 
skeenz's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Morgantown, WV
Re: CPU Auto-Managing Roster When Starting a New Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhuez
You have the option when starting your franchise to put roster control on manual. Even upon doing that, once in your franchise go to your user specific settings and make sure you have everything you want done manually switched to “manual”.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I've tried every possible combination of auto/manual settings in the setup options and it doesn't make a difference, players will still be called up/sent down and lineups changed.

Maybe one of the recent patches has caused this issue somehow? I don't remember this being an issue before.
__________________
Lets Goooooooooooooooooo Mountaineers!

NFL: Tennessee Titans
NBA: Toronto Raptors
MLB: Cincinatti Reds
NCAA: Who Else?
skeenz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:02 AM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2016
Re: CPU Auto-Managing Roster When Starting a New Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeenz
I've tried every possible combination of auto/manual settings in the setup options and it doesn't make a difference, players will still be called up/sent down and lineups changed.

Maybe one of the recent patches has caused this issue somehow? I don't remember this being an issue before.


Sorry man. Maybe there is a glitch. I haven’t seen it yet on my end but I would be as bothered as you if I did.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
drhuez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2019, 04:30 AM   #6
Rookie
 
KTBFFH's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2015
Re: CPU Auto-Managing Roster When Starting a New Franchise

I was having the same problem until I learned how to properly set up 30 team control. I had always played single team franchise and started running into the issue when I started a 30 team for OSFM V3. Here’s a quick rundown from last year.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ontrol-36.html

I think there are some videos on youtube also, but those are probably from 2016 or before. I sure hope this fixes the issue for you.
__________________
Carefree
KTBFFH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:38 AM   #7
MVP
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Mar 2006
Blog Entries: 5
Re: CPU Auto-Managing Roster When Starting a New Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhuez
Sorry man. Maybe there is a glitch. I haven’t seen it yet on my end but I would be as bothered as you if I did.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
It's no glitch.

What is happening is this.

When you are in Spring Training, EVERY player on the 40 man roster is moved to the MLB roster. So, if you leave them on the MLB roster and advance to the regular season without trimming down to the 25 man roster, then the computer trims your roster to 25 FOR YOU.

What you have to do, is before advancing to the regular season, SEND DOWN the players you don't want on the MLB roster. If you get your roster down to 25 BEFORE advancing to the regular Season, the CPU won't make any moves for you.
__________________
2018 DETROIT TIGERS FRANCHISE PAGEhttp://www.dynastynationnetwork.com/...mlb&u=kdutch98
ktd1976 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:16 AM   #8
MVP
 
decga's Arena
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Decatur, Ga
Re: CPU Auto-Managing Roster When Starting a New Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
It's no glitch.

What is happening is this.

When you are in Spring Training, EVERY player on the 40 man roster is moved to the MLB roster. So, if you leave them on the MLB roster and advance to the regular season without trimming down to the 25 man roster, then the computer trims your roster to 25 FOR YOU.

What you have to do, is before advancing to the regular season, SEND DOWN the players you don't want on the MLB roster. If you get your roster down to 25 BEFORE advancing to the regular Season, the CPU won't make any moves for you.
Nicely & well explained!

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Operation Sports mobile app
decga is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Top -