Home

MLB 20 The Show Wishlist!

This is a discussion on MLB 20 The Show Wishlist! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2020, 08:38 AM   #369
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 20 The Show Wishlist!

For those of us who aren't great at hitting, how about an option similar to what MVP baseball used to have in that when a pitcher "hangs" a pitch, an indicator pops up of where the pitch will end up? This could be toggled on or off, and is a good alternative to guess pitch. Or even a hitting mechanic similar to Super Mega Baseball would be good. While it might not be the most realistic, it would at least give everyone more options that fits their play style and skill level
Old 01-27-2020, 01:56 PM   #370
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

An option to not have the pitcher wear a jacket while on base.

An option to wear batting gloves while on base. Or to hold them in your hands while on base (like David Wright used to do).
Old 01-30-2020, 12:40 PM   #371
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

One thing I’d like would be the ability to promote bench coaches to managers when firing managers. If there is an option to promote any coaches I’ve never found it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2020, 12:56 PM   #372
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
One thing I’d like would be the ability to promote bench coaches to managers when firing managers. If there is an option to promote any coaches I’ve never found it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I'd like this as well.

Right now the only option, which isn't very good, is you have to fire both the manager and the bench coach you want to take over, then re-hire the bench coach with a new contract.

So you're forced to pay the remainder of the managers contract as well as the bench coach you want to promote.

Really hoping this year they focus on this aspect of franchise mode and make the managers/coaches matter more than just basically names on the screen.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #373
MVP

saintrules's Arena

I was skeptical when Madden introduced x-factor abilities, but the experience has actually really improved my knowledge of position players I would not normally had followed. I think some version of this in The Show would be pretty fun, especially because of how large baseball rosters are.

Take Josh Hader for example, a guy most people outside of Milwaukee do not know unless you legitimately follow baseball. If he comes up and strikes the first batter out, say, only looking, this triggers an ability where it's much easier and more effective to strike out the next batter, or even two.

On the flip side, take Aaron Judge, a guy everyone knows. He gets up to the dish with some sort of long ball ability that gets triggered if he's already gone yard. Not necessarily saying his next hit is a HR, but say his exit velocity is increased and noticeably hits the ball harder.

This is one part for their actual abilities and another part for gaining more player knowledge and team building. It's not as gimmicky as it sounds...

Last edited by saintrules; 01-30-2020 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 11:05 AM   #374
Rookie

dbekoscke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
I was skeptical when Madden introduced x-factor abilities, but the experience has actually really improved my knowledge of position players I would not normally had followed. I think some version of this in The Show would be pretty fun, especially because of how large baseball rosters are.

Take Josh Hader for example, a guy most people outside of Milwaukee do not know unless you legitimately follow baseball. If he comes up and strikes the first batter out, say, only looking, this triggers an ability where it's much easier and more effective to strike out the next batter, or even two.

On the flip side, take Aaron Judge, a guy everyone knows. He gets up to the dish with some sort of long ball ability that gets triggered if he's already gone yard. Not necessarily saying his next hit is a HR, but say his exit velocity is increased and noticeably hits the ball harder.

This is one part for their actual abilities and another part for gaining more player knowledge and team building. It's not as gimmicky as it sounds...
Eh... I understand where you're coming from, but at least to me, this would be a bit too arcadey. I think the ratings and player skills should be the determining factors for in game results/performance (at least in franchise mode).

I could see something like this brought to RTTS mode, however.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:41 PM   #375
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

The option to add career stats to your created legends. Love to hear announcer say thats his 500th home run.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2020, 10:58 PM   #376
MVP

In franchise pitcher stamina declines automatically -1 each season. This causes problems in franchise mode with too few quality pitchers capable of pitching 6 innings a few years into the franchise.

It needs to be adjusted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »