Home

DD rewards for getting to World Series seem too hard

This is a discussion on DD rewards for getting to World Series seem too hard within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Old 06-15-2019, 11:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
DD rewards for getting to World Series seem too hard

Lets be honest here less then 5% of people will ever get to WS rank, so you are basically telling 95% of people that they wont get any decent rewards by playing DD and thats pretty lame, these rewards need to be tweaked and not just keep making the rich get richer who already rock maxed out teams and sit at the top.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2019, 06:22 AM   #2
MVP

Syce's Arena

Re: DD rewards for getting to World Series seem too hard

you do realize, that those rewards for WS and such are sellable right? if you dont make it to the WS you COULD(if you wanted to), purchase those cards off the AH. yes they are not exactly cheap. but there are also cards you can get that can be better and easier to obtain.
Toronto Maple Leafs
Old 06-16-2019, 11:51 AM   #3
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
Lets be honest here less then 5% of people will ever get to WS rank, so you are basically telling 95% of people that they wont get any decent rewards by playing DD and thats pretty lame, these rewards need to be tweaked and not just keep making the rich get richer who already rock maxed out teams and sit at the top.
You get rewards simply for playing the game. Any mode. I have 7 Diamonds in my lineup and I'll never reach WS. I also have 99 overalls in Alomar Gwynn Kershaw and a 98 overall Bumgarner simply from playing the game. So what exactly is the problem? Plus I'll have enough stubs soon to purchase Matt Williams if I choose...
Old 06-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #4
All Star

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

bad enough society got to the point they're entitled to participation trophies, now we're entitled to the first place trophy too
Old 06-17-2019, 05:14 PM   #5
Dad Interrupted

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I have 10 Diamond players and have never played anything DD related. Only franchise mode and RTTS. I have most of the Diamond Equipment as well having purchased most of it with STUBS just earned playing.

Though I will not reach the WS anytime soon, but thats because I am doing a Baltimore franchise............................ba da dump!!!

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 06-17-2019 at 05:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2019, 09:22 PM   #6
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
If you're unhappy with the current numbers, what percentage of players achieving the top rank would be acceptable to you?

Put an actionable idea out here for discussion. Vaguely complaining for the sake of complaining is dumb.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:35 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
This year is a lot different with regards to collecting diamond players. I have more diamond cards this year than I did the last 4 years combined. I only purchased a few of them, Torii Hunter and Frank Thomas (87 ovr for both) the Giles rookie card, Francisco Liriano (87) and Ron Guidry, but that's cause you can't stop the Gator!! When I got the Big Hurt signature series card, I sold my 87 Frank Thomas at a minor loss, because he doesn't have a secondary position, and can't play them both.

In packs I've gotten these cards:
Aaron Judge and Jose Altuve in the same pack!
Christian Yelich
Manny Machado
Joe Torre (93 ovr)
Anthony Rendon
Jacob deGrom
Noah Syndergaard
Josh Hader
Edwin Diaz
Stephen Strasburg
Cody Bellinger (wasn't diamond at that time)
Acuna Jr (gold at the time)
Anthony Rizzo (gold at the time)

I don't remember how I got the Kershaw signature series, I know I didn't buy it... So I'm going to guess I got it in a pack...

Then there are some guys who dropped from diamond to gold, and I snatched them up right away (Andrew Miller, Jose Ramirez) cause they'll go back up to diamond, and be worth a lot more than they are now. I bought 2 Miller's.

The packs have been given me some reaisolid pick ups to add to my team. I actually have 2 squads (wish I could have them be autonomous of one another) my needed out 90 overall squad, and my 81 squad with all gold players.

This year, more than any other I can think of, has sort of helped level the playing field. Doing team collections will yield some solid cards too... Like the Reds (87 Dave Parker)
Or the Padres (88 Adrian Gonzalez). Some of the collection rewards are low end golds... But they have their own collection that will give out a good amount of stubs, XP and I think another player.
I got the digital deluxe version, so I also got Roy Oswalt as a bonus... And leveling up (doing the collections, even if you don't complete it) will help you level up quickly, as well as pad your stubs. I've got at least 30 players on most teams. Some I will never finish, unless I get Mike Trout in a pack...

But if you look into it enough, you'll see that you can boost your team up with diamond player packs every 20 (I think 20) levels you go up. I know that's how silver works... Don't remember how bronze did it.

You can make it into the WS ranked seasons if you play enough and get some key hits with some solid pitching and defense. Don't be so negative about your squad. There's always a way to boost your players. May cost you a couple bucks... But if that's the mode you most enjoy, dropping another 20, 40, or whatever amount to get stubs to buy packs isn't cheating, it's investing in the games mode that, IMO, is the best way to play.

Last edited by BIGROC; 06-18-2019 at 07:39 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:44 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syce
you do realize, that those rewards for WS and such are sellable right? if you dont make it to the WS you COULD(if you wanted to), purchase those cards off the AH. yes they are not exactly cheap. but there are also cards you can get that can be better and easier to obtain.
Since you felt like making obvious statements i guess i can make one too...Yes, of course, i know that there are other ways to get good players and some can be sold but that is not the point of what im discussing...

The point is that WS is far too hard to achieve for 99% of the player base, and that the rewards for (DD) are simply unbalanced because they are all pretty much useless besides just the WS rewards....

Some of these responses have nothing to do with what im talking about, yes if you want to grind the game non stop you can earn diamond players... So what? Thats not what i was talking about, there should be more ways to get good players in DD without having to achieve something that is incredibly hard and usually coincides with having a top tier team to achieve(hence the rich get richer reference) combined with top tier skill.

These rewards should fluctuate, one season its WS, next season its at a different level, having to get grind to WS every single time is overkill and just fuels the guys who are at the top already constantly getting these rewards.

Im not asking for anything free or out of this planet, just simply stating that maybe its not a bad thing to be able to achieve something worthwhile in DD without having to get the very tippy top level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »