Home

Experience playing “RTTS” within Franchise

This is a discussion on Experience playing “RTTS” within Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Most Anticipated Sports Games of 2023
Five Ways EA Sports PGA Tour Can Improve Golf Career Modes
Undisputed Early Access Impressions - Coming for the Belt

Old 06-22-2019, 07:34 PM   #9
Pro

Bartolo Colon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Experience playing “RTTS” within Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
That’s definitely a concern. As well as Free Agency. Unless it’s 30 team control Not really going to have a say in what team offers a deal and what they accept

Mets 2019

Yeah I did a 30 team control and put everything to auto (except trades).
Old 06-22-2019, 07:37 PM   #10
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
Yeah I did a 30 team control and put everything to auto (except trades).

Be sure to change Free Agency and Contracts to manual for the offseason until you’re guy signs

Mets 2019
Old 06-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #11
Rookie

Berserker2020's Arena

OVR: 1

After a couple of tries with a normal RTTS I think I will be switching to playing with my guy through franchise. I am a Red Sox fan so even though my RTTS player is not on the Red Sox I still keep an eye out for what's going on with them. Every single time I start a new RTTS and have the trade slider to zero the Red Sox and the Red Sox only seem to make a couple of trades at the end of March early April everytime before I play a single game in AA.

I don't mind trades but when I have the slider set to zero (normally for the first year only) and my favorite team is making stupid trades at the beginning of the year with their top prospects it just kills it for me. I don't know how many RTTS's I have restarted but it happens every single time.

I usually tend to try and move my RTTS along to try and play a full career so I simulate a good chunk of games. I normally play like the first 5-10 games to start then simulate 5 and then play 1, repeat. So switching to franchise should work out fine I just won't get the personal things that come along with RTTS mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2019, 03:36 AM   #12
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

I do this in almost all sports games...(since Madden's suck, and nba2k isn't about playing basketball) I enjoy it in all the games, plus now it's editable. You can speed up or slow down your players progression, contracts are normally easy to maintain or u make u player suck so nobody want him and then change it back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-28-2019, 07:27 PM   #13
Pro

This is my preferred way to play. i have not played or looked at RTTS since MLB 15.

I started playing the alternate version in Franchise because of more user control over my experience. I have some Player Lock Tips if anyone is interested to make the game play better.

I want to connect on to this thread and ask a serious question. I'm curious because I feel this is overlooked every development cycle. My top issues playing a Short Stop and some critical gameplay elements missing that make this position critical on the field.

•Not being involved in close tagging plays at second base (CPU jogs into second base) CPU player is safe

•Not being involved in Cut Off plays for balls hit to the outfield. Multiple white markers quickly jumping all over the field. This gameplay experience really needs to be overhauled. Making it impossible to be involved in the play. So you are taking out of the experience.

How is your defensive experience playing RTTS in Franchise?
Old 06-29-2019, 04:40 PM   #14
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

One thing I missed too much was being able to play 1 full series without going back to the home screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-10-2019, 06:13 PM   #15
Pro

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Figured I comment on this since I’ve been doing this for awhile now, for a custom reliever this is a must since the AIs bullpen logic “is not what you want.”

Whenever I retire my main RTTS SP, my next one I’ll probably make within franchise.

I haven’t tested this for a position player but I’m sure it would be fine.

I love RTTS but at times it can feel too restrictive. The only real con to “experiencing RTTS through franchise” is you don’t decide when your custom player retires, however I just assume that would be in a player’s late 30s and potentially early 40s.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »