Home

Took a haitus and now back to game

This is a discussion on Took a haitus and now back to game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2019, 07:33 PM   #1
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3
Took a haitus and now back to game

I put the sticks down on MLBTS19 for about 6 weeks. In that time I did buy a new tv. Tried playing on the new tv and I can’t figure out if my tv is causing a delay/lag, if the game was patched and hitting is more challenging or if my hiatus has really cause my timing to be off. Mods, please understand, this isn’t a complaint. I’m legitimately asking if any patches or tuning updates did something to the pitch speed and hitting or if maybe my tv settings (it’s on game mode) are causing an issue, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2019, 09:29 PM   #2
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Took a haitus and now back to game

Maybe you’re just rusty.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 06-23-2019, 04:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

It’s probably the tv. I bought a new tv a little over a year ago. It was way off, even in game mode. I returned it immediately and talked to the people at Best Buy about it and went with a different tv that they said would be better and it worked great
Old 06-23-2019, 05:47 PM   #4
Rookie

I have the same problem. I played for months on a smaller tv in my office. And now tried to move to the big nicer tv in the living room but I can’t hit anything. Suddenly 91mph fastballs are blowing by me and the game just seems choppier.

It definitely looks nicer but plays worse. I had to go back to the smaller tv just to have fun again and this is coming from someone who plays 1.5 games a day on average.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:12 AM   #5
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFigter
I have the same problem. I played for months on a smaller tv in my office. And now tried to move to the big nicer tv in the living room but I can’t hit anything. Suddenly 91mph fastballs are blowing by me and the game just seems choppier.

It definitely looks nicer but plays worse. I had to go back to the smaller tv just to have fun again and this is coming from someone who plays 1.5 games a day on average.

Same thing happened to me. Went from my apartment small TV to a better TV at home for the summer. Took time to adjust. Dreading having to adjust back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2019, 08:33 AM   #6
Pro

Funny... I also took a hiatus and returned to the game this past weekend and my timing is way off as well but I just assumed it was just me because I've been away from the game.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:32 PM   #7
Just started!

I had this problem when I upgraded TVs too. Wound up having to turn off HDR in the game and that fixed my issues. Not sure how your TV works but maybe give that a try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2019, 12:51 AM   #8
Rookie

Aviator87AC's Arena

Despite having a $3000 C8 OLED hanging in the living room, I've long since moved MLBTS into the office and noticed immediate improvements on my LG 4K LED gaming monitors. Like, not even comparable differences.

I can't even play on a regular wall hang anymore, the distance you sit from TV to chair makes it impossible for me to react the same. It's fun for when friends are over but that's about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »