Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
Rookie
 
VTWiseGuy's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Zebulon, Ky
Icon2 Money Ball Challenge!!!!

Why play DD? When you can play the Money Ball Challenge! HOW TO PLAY: Take a low rated team. Cut the budget as low as possible and win the World Series. You have a 40M Cap and you have to keep the budget as lowest at the start of the season. You will find diamonds in the rough!
__________________
Cincinnati Reds|Cincinnati Bengals|Virginia Tech Hokies
VTWiseGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2019, 04:57 PM   #2
Bacon is Better
 
Bullit's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,558
Re: Money Ball Challenge!!!!

I am already doing an Orioles franchise, with the worst First Baseman who is making 23 million a year for 3 more years. He is 1 for 36 right now and on the DL so even if I could, I cant trade him away. I mean really I'll take a groundskeeper for this mook. That is enough of a challenge for me. Thanks though.
__________________
In Loving memory of my "Cricket" 1/2/96 - 11/19/2012

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 07-07-2019 at 05:01 PM.
Bullit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:48 PM   #3
Pro
 
Funkycorm's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,252
Re: Money Ball Challenge!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I am already doing an Orioles franchise, with the worst First Baseman who is making 23 million a year for 3 more years. He is 1 for 36 right now and on the DL so even if I could, I cant trade him away. I mean really I'll take a groundskeeper for this mook. That is enough of a challenge for me. Thanks though.
Good news is that in multiple sim franchises I have done is that he typically retires after year 1 and you are off the hook for his huge contract.
__________________
Funkycorm

Currently Playing:
Madden 21
MLB 20 The Show
Red Dead Redemption 2
Assassin's Creed Valhalla


Twitter
Twitch
Funkycorm is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:11 PM   #4
MVP
 
Rocket32's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2016
Re: Money Ball Challenge!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Good news is that in multiple sim franchises I have done is that he typically retires after year 1 and you are off the hook for his huge contract.
They really need to add in some logic for that. Should make it where if a player is on a significant salary beyond the current season they’ll rarely retire before the contract is up regardless of how bad performance, ability/ratings get. Takes some of the challenge out of taking a team with a Davis or Pujols if they just retire and free up all that money immediately. Not very realistic for a player to walk away from a large amount of money.
Rocket32 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:39 AM   #5
Pro
 
Funkycorm's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,252
Re: Money Ball Challenge!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
They really need to add in some logic for that. Should make it where if a player is on a significant salary beyond the current season they’ll rarely retire before the contract is up regardless of how bad performance, ability/ratings get. Takes some of the challenge out of taking a team with a Davis or Pujols if they just retire and free up all that money immediately. Not very realistic for a player to walk away from a large amount of money.
I agree completely. I was just sharing what I have seen in game. In real life, he will not retire till the contract is over.
__________________
Funkycorm

Currently Playing:
Madden 21
MLB 20 The Show
Red Dead Redemption 2
Assassin's Creed Valhalla


Twitter
Twitch
Funkycorm is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2019, 05:56 AM   #6
Pro
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hillside, NJ
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Money Ball Challenge!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTWiseGuy
Why play DD? When you can play the Money Ball Challenge! HOW TO PLAY: Take a low rated team. Cut the budget as low as possible and win the World Series. You have a 40M Cap and you have to keep the budget as lowest at the start of the season. You will find diamonds in the rough!
Honestly, diamond dynasty is more fun to play than franchise to me. I get where you're coming from though. When we were still blessed with NCAA Football, after a few seasons with a top tier team, I would take Rutgers, and thurn that program around and have them winning national championships.

I don't think I've played franchise mode in the show in 3 years. Once they came out with diamond dynasty, that just kind of sucked me in, and been playing it since.

I'll get around to playing franchise... I still have a completed March to October file in my saves... And I flipped that into franchise when I finished it. But for now it's all about ranked seasons and conquest.

I really like the March to October mode... I've played with several teams. My Yankees, the Reds, Philly, Mets, Oakland and Milwaukee. I really enjoyed that mode. My plan is to win a title with each team... When I start using the pretenders it should be interesting.
BIGROC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:24 PM   #7
All Star
 
Caulfield's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pell City/Riverside
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Money Ball Challenge!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Good news is that in multiple sim franchises I have done is that he typically retires after year 1 and you are off the hook for his huge contract.
Ya know, I cant say I've seen Crash retire early even once but maybe I just didnt notice.
__________________

- ‘69 - ‘71 - ‘79 -
ORIOLES
- ’66 - ’70 - ’83 -

Caulfield is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:37 AM   #8
Pro
 
Funkycorm's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,252
Re: Money Ball Challenge!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Ya know, I cant say I've seen Crash retire early even once but maybe I just didnt notice.
I technically haven't been controlling the O's myself when he has. Maybe it is just the odds I am rolling that he does. I am sure if I start an Orioles franchise tomorrow, he will not retire and I will prove myself wrong. Karma will come back and hit me right in the ole kisser.
__________________
Funkycorm

Currently Playing:
Madden 21
MLB 20 The Show
Red Dead Redemption 2
Assassin's Creed Valhalla


Twitter
Twitch
Funkycorm is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.

Top -