Home

MLB The Show 19 Sets New Gold Standard for Content

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Sets New Gold Standard for Content within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2019, 09:41 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 2
I played DD this year, as I usually do, but had to stop due to boredom.* Any article that lists Conquests as a plus instantly loses credibility.* *Why would anyone want to repeat something so mind numbing each month?* *Most of the packs listed above have horrible return value...Headliner packs?* Seriously?* Not to mention that the Moments are an absolute bore to me as well.* First time in a long time that Franchise mode has been player 10x fold over DD.* Best news is that I saved some money on packs.**
They absolutely destroyed DD this year for me.**
Old 07-12-2019, 11:57 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 19 Sets New Gold Standard for Content

I would say I could care less about the DD type modes but that would be I lie. I care that companies are putting more effort into these modes than they are with the classic franchise/gm type modes. I see that happening with a game, I won't buy. That simple.

Which is one of the reasons I don't own this game nor will I.

From a business standpoint, yea its great for companies. 2K probably makes scrooge mcduck cash with NBA2k because of their coin ****. Same with Madden. MLB The Show is trying to do the same thing.

But as someone who, again, has zero interest in that, no thanks.

If the OOTP makers were able to drop their entire sim engine into a graphics engine like, the show for example. I buy it in a heartbeat.

Last edited by delspf; 07-13-2019 at 12:00 AM.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:27 AM   #19
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

"83 percent of FIFA owners play Ultimate Team mode."

I'm going to call BS on this. I think it's more 83% happened to click on FUT because there was a notification on the menu then never bothered to go back.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:00 AM   #20
Rookie

thedeafpoliceman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
DD really isnt for me but anti-capitalism definitely ain't for me. If I'm picking the lesser of two evils give me loot boxes all day long. for me to comment any further would push the OS ToS envelope more than I want to.
I agree with free market and capitalism, my issue with loot boxes or card packs or any random/lottery based system rooted in virtual currency with actual monetary value is that it should be regulated and 21+ only like buying scratchers. Problem is it can’t be regulated as is so it’s a catch-22.

I’d have no problem if they just had a market where you knew what you spent money on was getting what you wanted, the chance factor is what bugs me.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:53 AM   #21
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

This so called gold standard has pushed the game so far away from the game I used to love and could not put down to a game I barely play anymore. I have moved to OOTP mostly, while not remotely the same type of game it is all baseball. The Show has their target audience and I know I don’t fit in it anymore which is fine things change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #22
Rookie

No no no.* I will never play micro-transaction modes ever again. They only "gold standard" is how much gold they expect you to give up to play a sports game. You should be ashamed of yourselves.*
Old 07-13-2019, 01:40 PM   #23
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

MLB The Show 19 Sets New Gold Standard for Content

If loot boxes are banned, how will that affect the Show in the long run? DD helps fund the game, I’m not interested in playing it but I’m glad it’s in it.

Last edited by Bartolo Colon; 07-13-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:13 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
If loot boxes are banned, how will that affect the Show in the long run? DD helps fund the game, I’m not interested in playing it but I’m glad it’s in it.
Thats the 64000 dollar question . Kinda foolish to put all your golden eggs in one basket. Way past time to cultivate the franchise eggs. They've been really creative the last 6 years with DD. Now is the time to unleash that creativity on other aspects of the Show

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »