Home

This trade cannot completed because of budgetary constraints

This is a discussion on This trade cannot completed because of budgetary constraints within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2019, 08:23 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: This trade cannot completed because of budgetary constraints

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yeah I'm not suggesting that not having a full roster is the culprit here, but just trying to find things that could be. Looking at that screen shot of the trade screen and the budget screen, it doesn't make sense that the trade will not go through.

I'm just looking for a potential culprit and if we can find it, then it can be submitted to SDS to look at and possibly fix, or explain why the system is set up in that manner.
That's why I suggested a trial low dollar trade experiment to see if it is actually a dollar figure holding it up or if it is something else. If they try to move a 10 million dollar player, that may be the hold up for whatever reason, but if it also holds up a 600k for a 100 k with that kind of weekly intake and ability to sign FA then something else I suspect is the culprit rather than money.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:32 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had this issue the other night just looking over possible trades. Both players had the exact same salary for the current year, and were either renewable or arbitration eligible for the next season. it was only with that team however, i could do a similar deal with other teams. Doesn't seem to make much sense. (it was a 1 for 1 deal just to clarify)
Old 08-07-2019, 01:49 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo1424
I had this issue the other night just looking over possible trades. Both players had the exact same salary for the current year, and were either renewable or arbitration eligible for the next season. it was only with that team however, i could do a similar deal with other teams. Doesn't seem to make much sense. (it was a 1 for 1 deal just to clarify)
My guess on this would be the team you were trying to trade with was already in a negative balance situation. Therefore trading equal salary - while not making their situation any worse - triggers the message because they would be in a negative cash flow.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:41 PM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I'm really perplexed why you cannot complete that trade based on the photo. This is by no means a trade that I am interested in, but I was checking things out for myself. So long as I keep my cash flow from being negative when making a trade, it allows it to go through. In the picture below you can see that I'm taking on a contract of $8.1m per year while giving up $90K and the game is allowing it, although it won't because the O's don't like the trade.

I'm really curious as to why you cannot complete the trade because its not causing your cash flow to go into the negatives.

EDIT: I was thinking maybe it was because you do not have a full 90 man roster, but I only have 89 on my roster during the season (forgot I let Weiters go), so that couldn't/shouldn't be the culprit.

I am really at a loss here as it doesn't make any sense.

IMG_2447.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 08-07-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:11 PM   #21
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

I would send it to SDS for an explanation, if you google it looks like people have had the same issue but don’t see any real solution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2019, 08:34 PM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I would send it to SDS for an explanation, if you google it looks like people have had the same issue but don’t see any real solution.
I sent this thread to SDS for them to look at and determine if a bug or provide a reason for why its happening.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-07-2019, 09:11 PM   #23
Rookie

TexSkins's Arena

Happened to me before but it was due to having more than 90 players on my team
Old 08-07-2019, 10:07 PM   #24
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I sent this thread to SDS for them to look at and determine if a bug or provide a reason for why its happening.

Thanks for trying to help guys. I have a full roster with a complete 40 man roster.

I am able to make trades IF I dump salary.

After I experimented with a trade where I dumped salary, I checked to see if I could make a trade now that I had more room and I could.

I've read somewhere that someone had a similar issue but then later on in the season it went away. That's what I am hoping will happen as I do not want to start over or turn budgets off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »