Home

SCEA - Take notes from the EA NHL Team

This is a discussion on SCEA - Take notes from the EA NHL Team within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2019, 02:21 PM   #33
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: SCEA - Take notes from the EA NHL Team

the last thing that anyone should ever do is take advice from Rammer and the NHL series
Old 09-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
If we had half of these improvements since The Show came to PS4 I'd be impressed, EA did it in a year:

https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/...=1565889976983

I know it's a larger dev team, etc. but everytime I see the SCEA team they are pushing some DD month or whatever it is that they do. I've been patient, but dear lord, if something isn't done about Franchise this cycle, I'm done.
\
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..BWHAHAHAHA. EA NHL cannot hold SCEA's jock strap please.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:06 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 4

Yeah, let me clarify - the gameplay in The Show is great, no issues there at all. Sure there could be some tweaks here and there, but for the most part the game plays great.

The Franchise however, hell at least try to implement some new items somewhat 100%. The last three years, what's been added?

Contract extensions with no real budget awareness
Morale which is skewed by the budget system.
Other than that, crickets.

Look they have a decent base with respect to options, I'm just saying the entire budgeting/FA/trade system needs attention. Expansion, etc. would be nice, but we need those basics ironed out first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2019, 11:28 AM   #36
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, let me clarify - the gameplay in The Show is great, no issues there at all. Sure there could be some tweaks here and there, but for the most part the game plays great.

The Franchise however, hell at least try to implement some new items somewhat 100%. The last three years, what's been added?

Contract extensions with no real budget awareness
Morale which is skewed by the budget system.
Other than that, crickets.

Look they have a decent base with respect to options, I'm just saying the entire budgeting/FA/trade system needs attention. Expansion, etc. would be nice, but we need those basics ironed out first.
I would put roster expansion and a revamp of the progression/regression system as my person priority, but yeah that stuff too.

Man every sports game needs to copy NHL's progression/regression system, along with their in system scouting mechanics. The colour/stars system is second to none.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-12-2019, 01:15 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
If we had half of these improvements since The Show came to PS4 I'd be impressed, EA did it in a year:

https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/...=1565889976983

I know it's a larger dev team, etc. but everytime I see the SCEA team they are pushing some DD month or whatever it is that they do. I've been patient, but dear lord, if something isn't done about Franchise this cycle, I'm done.

I can understand the frustrating part of it... But for me, the bulk of my playtime is in DD. So much so I've even foregone beginning a franchise yet simply because (for me) it's pace is slower and there aren't as many different play options like they've added to DD.

I'd probably be more apt to begin a franchise earlier in the year (I'll play one during the winter) if they had a deeper more immersive franchise. But as I've said, DD is the games bread and butter. There's nothing franchise could offer me that would match the thrill of putting together different lineups, with drastically different players, the events, and Battle Royale, as well as the programs, conquest, and obviously Ranked seasons. (It's killing me that I keep missing the championship series and world series...)
Old 09-13-2019, 05:25 PM   #38
Rookie

wyocon's Arena

Before I give my opinion, how good is 2K's NBA Franchise? I have PS3 Madden 17 and that franchise is good. I found an issue as far back as MLB 14. Some players lost over 15 ratings points in a single season.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:30 PM   #39
Rookie

wyocon's Arena

In 14 I had a reliever with an ERA below 2, but he was losing points every two weeks.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:29 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

EA's alright I guess but what would be interesting is SDS taking notes from Rockstar. or Bethesda

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »