Home

SCEA - Take notes from the EA NHL Team

This is a discussion on SCEA - Take notes from the EA NHL Team within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2019, 01:43 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
SCEA - Take notes from the EA NHL Team

If we had half of these improvements since The Show came to PS4 I'd be impressed, EA did it in a year:

https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/...=1565889976983

I know it's a larger dev team, etc. but everytime I see the SCEA team they are pushing some DD month or whatever it is that they do. I've been patient, but dear lord, if something isn't done about Franchise this cycle, I'm done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 01:53 PM   #2
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SCEA - Take notes from the EA NHL Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
If we had half of these improvements since The Show came to PS4 I'd be impressed, EA did it in a year:

https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/...=1565889976983

I know it's a larger dev team, etc. but everytime I see the SCEA team they are pushing some DD month or whatever it is that they do. I've been patient, but dear lord, if something isn't done about Franchise this cycle, I'm done.
lol MLB the show and Madden NFL need big updates in Franchise Mode
Old 08-15-2019, 02:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Hardworker33's Arena

I logged in just to see if someone had reported that franchise mode video from EA. Holy cow, this is what franchise should look like.

The game itself doesn't interest me anymore (gameplay wise.. too arcad-ish for me) but they did stepped up big time in the last 2-3 years Franchise wise.

Please keep the amazing gameplay that we have but merge it into EA's franchise mode.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:37 PM   #4
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Unfortunately EA's NHL series has the opposite problem that MLB has. Fantastic improvements to franchise, but the same old arcade product on the ice, with "improvements" that are basically lip service to solving the issues over the years.

At this point though, franchise is so outdated and dry in the Show that I wish they would take a little bit off the gameplay team to work on it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-15-2019, 03:39 PM   #5
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

I think I'll get NHL 20 purely because of their franchise mode this year. Quite happy to reward dev teams that put the resources into this mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 04:38 PM   #6
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I have found myself playing the Show very little. The franchise mode, only mode I play, has withered on the line. There has been nothing for me the last few years that has dramatically improved the mode.

In many ways It has gone backwards. The finacial portion was slowly being tweaked and then the change to the new budget ended that. When teams start to get tight, guys "retire" and magically have the money wiped from the books. Years ago they prevented guys from retiring mid contract. It prevented teams from signing older players to long rich contracts.

Prospects, player development, logic all need work.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2019, 04:55 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

It feels like the last 3-4 years, Sony might have tried things the EA way. Maybe not EA NHL but still
Old 08-15-2019, 05:57 PM   #8
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

No one should take be taking cues from EA. Most EA game franchise modes are terrible and have gone years without significant updates. Except EA has no excuse because they are a huge developer thats been around for 30 years. I've heard good things about NHLs franchise mode as well but as a FIFA player and an occasional Madden player EA is definitely not the company to emulate. Should The Show improve definitely but I wouldn't hold EA up as the standard bearer based off only 1 or 2 years of an actual good NHL franchise mode.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 08-15-2019 at 06:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »