Home

Improving MLB The Show 20's World Series Presentation

This is a discussion on Improving MLB The Show 20's World Series Presentation within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2019, 08:00 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Improving MLB The Show 20's World Series Presentation

The pinnacle of the Major League Baseball season is the World Series. After a 162 game...

Written By: Jeff Botkin

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2019, 09:50 AM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Improving MLB The Show 20's World Series Presentation

If they don't make a big leap during SEASON play, will be too bored to make it to the World Series to see any new stuff. Just a little thing like the catcher getting up out of his crouch, calling time and walking out to the mound by himself would be a huge leap. We've had that same manager visit to the mound forever. Their just to busy with their cash cow I suppose.

They did do a good job with the pre-pitch presentation this year, but geez, I want to pull my hair out when I see those guys doing those silly gyrations in the stands.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I completely agree with this article. I finally got the playoffs in my league this year and was completely disapointed in the playoff "atmosphere". Other than some playoff stuff to make things different than the regular season, i still felt like it was the regular season. The crowd was very disapointing. IT should be much louder and more active. like when there are two strikes on an apposing player, the crowd hsould be anticipating the strikeout and depending the situation (two out, bases loaded) should be standing and the noise should be deafening especially if there is a strikeout. THe lead up to the game, the crowd is into it and if the first pitch is a strike, the crowd should cheer loudly. Just watch a couple innings of a playoff game and you will realize that The Show falls way short....
Old 10-24-2019, 12:18 AM   #4
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Thank you for writing this article.* These games would be a lot further along by now in terms of immersion and overall enjoyment (not just gameplay) if the online/cash model hadn't been introduced and exploited by the execs.*
We might now get true presentation until 2040 at this current rate.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 10-24-2019, 03:10 AM   #5
Rookie

Overall presentation and details for the postseason needs to be improved. Doesn't feel like you're playing a postseason or World Series game. Just feels like a regular season game with some reminders it's a postseason game.

Correct logos and graphics with current Postseason and World Series logos as well as patches on the sleeves and side of the hats.

Pregame introductions would be cool. Doesn't even have to be the entire 25 man roster, just the starting line up. Have players come out of the dugout while the PA announcer does the lineups. Do it for the Wild Card Games and Game 1 of the LDS, LCS, and World Series (Opening Day as well). Make me feel like it's October. Something similar to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KADCBg7quCc

Also need proper scheduling of postseason games. If 4 LDS games are being played on the same date (how it was on Friday, October 4th this year) have 4 different start times starting in the afternoon until later that night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2019, 01:14 PM   #6
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Add commentary to this list too. *I hit a walk off homerun in the NLCS and the announcer called it like it was just some meaningless homer in the middle of July. *It was so depressing.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:50 PM   #7
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
Add commentary to this list too. *I hit a walk off homerun in the NLCS and the announcer called it like it was just some meaningless homer in the middle of July. *It was so depressing.

I'm still so annoyed and disappointed that in my RTTS I broke the single-season doubles record and there was NO MENTION of it.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 10-25-2019, 01:52 AM   #8
Rookie

bjenks's Arena

I think commentary is in need of a big upgrade. I haven't made the playoffs this year but I do remember last year not really feeling like it was anything special. Also, during the season, I get pretty tired of hearing the same tired analysis from Dan and DeRosa. They both are terrible and honestly make me want to play the game without commentary at times. I literally have to mute the commentators altogether in stress situations because DeRosa won't shut up and Matty says some stuff just to get under your skin.

Not to mention the squeezing by umpires on stress pitches. Eh... I could go on and on about the presentation quality that needs upgraded, but then I also remember how addicting and fun this years' game has been. I played all 162 of year one and I've only got about 24 games left in year two in a very very tight playoff race.

www.twitch.tv/bjenks

Also, if you're interested, follow me on Twitter!
My Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »